World Cup every TWO years

I like league football a lot. And I like the World Cup too. WC qualifying alone takes up a lot of time and investment from footballers. The WC itself even moreso.

A once-every-two-years WC will kill off the Euros and other region specific competitions and/or would dramatically impact league play.

I like a once-every-four years WC with a staggered once-every-four years regional competition. I like the way it is now.
Less is more.
My point of view is that the world cup should be the pinnacle of soccer and holding the competition every 2 years would reduce the specialness of it.
(As a comparison would the sports authorities contemplate holding the Olympics every 2 years?)
I also think that there is no need for the Euros, as the European cup already covers European football well enough. I would happily see this competition fade into oblivion.
Less is more.

Less is more.
My point of view is that the world cup should be the pinnacle of soccer and holding the competition every 2 years would reduce the specialness of it.
(As a comparison would the sports authorities contemplate holding the Olympics every 2 years?)
I also think that there is no need for the Euros, as the European cup already covers European football well enough. I would happily see this competition fade into oblivion.
Less is more.
Sort of agree.

There's so much football going on though - that trying to hold the world cup every 2 years isn't practical. I very much enjoy the Euros so from this perspective we disagree.
===
All told I think that the once-every-four-years format is best.

I do, however, lament for teams/players who are exceptionally great - perhaps the best of all time - and yet, due to the 4-year span between competitions - and the luck involved in winning the World Cup - might regardless of talent, never win the WC.

Messi IMO is the best footballer of his era and possibly of all time. It's looking very much as if Messi will never receive a World Cup medal.

Keep WC every 4 years. But replace regional competitions with a true World Club championship (not the one-off glorified friendly shit of present). Would love to see City take on the best of South America or Africa. And champions only participate.

Reactions: mat
Keep WC every 4 years. But replace regional competitions with a true World Club championship (not the one-off glorified friendly shit of present). Would love to see City take on the best of South America or Africa. And champions only participate.
I've advocated this for years.

A proper world club tournament where blues could travel and stay for a few weeks following them.

City v Boca in Japan etc.

I would really like to punch this maggot
Time to withdraw from FIFA

I think 2 years is fine if u get rid of Copa and Euros. For example if Italy misses the qualification, they won't have been in World Cup for 8 years.

But there is probably a war coming UEFA vs FIFA

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.