World Cup venues 2026 (USA, Mexico, Canada)

Mad Eyed Screamer

The venues were announced today for the 2026 World Cup being played in the 3 above countries.

The cities officially selected to host World Cup matches in the U.S. are:
New York/New Jersey (MetLife Stadium)
Los Angeles (SoFi Stadium),
Dallas (AT&T Stadium),
San Francisco Bay Area (Levi's Stadium),
Miami (Hard Rock Stadium),
Atlanta (Mercedes-Benz Stadium),
Seattle (Lumen Field),
Houston (NRG Stadium),
Philadelphia (Lincoln Financial Field),
Kansas City (Arrowhead Stadium)
Boston (Gillette Stadium).

The cities officially selected to host World Cup matches in Mexico and Canada are:
Guadalajara (Estadio Akron),
Monterrey (Estadio BBVA Bancomer),
Mexico City (Estadio Azteca),
Toronto (BMO Field)
Vancouver (BC Place).

From the original "United 2026" bid from the three nations, 60 games are set to be played in the United States, while Mexico and Canada will each get 10 matches. Once the tournament reaches the quarterfinal stage, all remaining knockout round games will be held in the U.S.

Interestingly none of the stadiums hosting games in the US 1994 World Cup are included in the 2026 games - while the Stadium in Mexico City becomes the first Stadium to host games in 3 World Cups.

Last edited:
Some great cities and stadiums there, I have no idea how the logistics are going to work though. Vancouver-Seattle and Philly-NY are the only ones within 3 hours of one another (admittedly Boston/Toronto are not far from the latter 2)

Dallas and Houston are in the same state and 4 hours drive time apart

Miami/Vancouver and Mexico City/Toronto are about as close as New York is to London or Paris

Any city in the East Coast time zone is within 3 hours of the other by plane. I'm just glad Philadelphia got their bribe into the correct hands.

Some great cities and stadiums there, I have no idea how the logistics are going to work though. Vancouver-Seattle and Philly-NY are the only ones within 3 hours of one another (admittedly Boston/Toronto are not far from the latter 2)

Miami/Vancouver and Mexico City/Toronto are about as close as New York is to London or Paris
I'm assuming if 2 stadiums are used for each group then pairings would (or should) be
NY / Philly
LA / San Francisco
Dallas / Houston
Seattle / Vancouver
Boston / Toronto
Miami/ Atlanta
Two from the Mexican three stadiums.

That keeps all the group games in the same time zone (no idea about timezones of the Mexican venues)

Then Kansas and the other Mexican stadium can host 1st round knockout stage games at the minimum.

They are grouping them regionally and the team groups will be concentrated just in those regions:

“To reduce travel, FIFA plans to group countries by region.”
EAST: Toronto (BMO Field); Boston (Gillette Stadium, Foxborough); Philadelphia (Lincoln Financial Field); Miami (Hard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens); and New York/New Jersey (MetLife Stadium.)
CENTRAL: Kansas City (Arrowhead Stadum); Dallas (AT&T Stadium); Atlanta (Mercedes Benz Stadium); Houston (NRG Stadium); Monterrey, Mexico (Estadio BBVA); Mexico City (Estadio Azteca).
WEST: Vancouver (BC Place); Seattle (Lumen Field); San Francisco (Levi’s Stadium, Santa Clara); Los Angeles (SoFi Stadium, Inglewood); and Guadalajara, Mexico (Akron Stadium).

They are grouping them regionally and the team groups will be concentrated just in those regions:

“To reduce travel, FIFA plans to group countries by region.”
EAST: Toronto (BMO Field); Boston (Gillette Stadium, Foxborough); Philadelphia (Lincoln Financial Field); Miami (Hard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens); and New York/New Jersey (MetLife Stadium.)
CENTRAL: Kansas City (Arrowhead Stadum); Dallas (AT&T Stadium); Atlanta (Mercedes Benz Stadium); Houston (NRG Stadium); Monterrey, Mexico (Estadio BBVA); Mexico City (Estadio Azteca).
WEST: Vancouver (BC Place); Seattle (Lumen Field); San Francisco (Levi’s Stadium, Santa Clara); Los Angeles (SoFi Stadium, Inglewood); and Guadalajara, Mexico (Akron Stadium).
How is Atlanta not east coast?
And I'd have Houston in with the Mexico venues along with LA, not SF.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.