World Cup venues 2026 (USA, Mexico, Canada)

All of those regions could get a little difficult depending on how they are split up.

I'm assuming groups will be split across 2 cities and FIFA won't do anything asinine like Miami/Boston, but from a fans perspective it'll be difficult to bounce between say Atlanta/ Kansas City, Monterrey/Mexico City, LA and the Bay area. All 3 countries have fairly limited public transport outside the NE corridor. Those are substantial flights/drives so I wonder how they will split it up.
I am guessing a lot of tickets will go to locals who will see whoever is playing in the group rounds, then the elimination rounds will go to (1) fanatics happy to fly several hours and (2) increasingly rich locals in each city :)

No game at Met Life/Giants Stadium in 1994? There were many thousands of Irish in Port Authority bus station heading out to New Jersey for something that summer!
I guessed someone may pick me up on that comment.... Boston / Foxboro stadium was also used in 94 but it is a different stadium built 50 / 100 yards from the one used in 94.
The Met Life stadium was opened in 2010.

Are you English? Lol
At least you are there. I don’t think you have a hope, but you never know….probably. One good thing is there should be a lack of the usual bollocks where you get talked up too much and it all goes tits up.

At least you are there. I don’t think you have a hope, but you never know….probably. One good thing is there should be a lack of the usual bollocks where you get talked up too much and it all goes tits up.

Scotland could have a chance of qualifying in 2026 it’s a 48 team tournament rather than the usual 32. They managed to get to the play offs this time round and four years is a long time in football, players can emerge in that time.

Scotland could have a chance of qualifying in 2026 it’s a 48 team tournament rather than the usual 32. They managed to get to the play offs this time round and four years is a long time in football, players can emerge in that time.
We are producing literally fuck all in terms of a squad capable of doing anything. We haven’t produced a striker in 20 years. 20 fucking years and the two guys in the team aren’t even Scottish. They are however second or third rate. Our centre backs are pish. We have Tierney and Robertson in defence who are good. Midfield better but no superstars but up front we are woeful. I have zero hope anyone if class will emerge. Our club academy produces absolutely nothing for us. I would close it, one player every ten years has to be the easiest gig in football. Our abject failure is a symptom of nothing coming through nationally although we are much worse as we are Champiobs but when we needed players after all the departures last season everyone of the young guys who came in are Dundee level class. Our academy is a fucking waste of time and money. I hope Ange can fix it and I can direct him to excellent manufacturers of flamethrowers.

Having 48 teams will help, but it won’t change us doing absolutely fuck all even if we get there.

What is public transport like in US cities? i know they generally have a car culture so getting around might be a headache for fans

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.