World Snooker Championship

Don't like the fella. I think the sport ended up with some unbelievable players at the end of the nineties that took it to a level that can't be sustained. He just happens to be the best of that group and is in a fortunate position but hasn't the capacity to realise why the gulf in quality is what it is. If he wants the up and coming players to be better for the good of the game then he should be more positive about them, rather than these disparaging remarks.

Best player of all time but the sooner he fucks off the better. Some of the best games are those where you feel the tension the players have and the mistakes creep in.

all about opinions, but snooker would been on its arse without him - he's kept the sport alive, he has charisma and it's nice to have a sports person be a bit outspoken and not toe the line all the time, not forgetting how great he is to watch.

O'Sullivan is an absolute bellend who just happens to be shit hot at snooker.

Kind of agree with this. Most talented but no longer the winning force he was. Now it is about pretending he isn’t bothered and claiming media attention. No different to Alex Higgins in this regard, seeking to intimidate opponents. He will be hurt if he loses today, chances are running out for one last hurrah. Six years since he made the one table set up at the crucible. I thought no crowd would be a big advantage, but he just misses too many easy ones and his long game is not what it was. Purely an age thing.

I can't stand O'Sullivan he hasn't got an ounce of class, but that interview whilst achingly arrogant was shining a light on the truth. Snookers stars are faceless drones the heyday of snooker has passed in this country, Hurrican Higgins, Whirlwind White and Cocaine Stevens are all but memories.
Ciggies burning at the table big BIll Werbeniuk snarfing down 20 pints of lager a session, now we have a sanitised drone like experience, it's that bad that even though I love playing snooker I can't watch any of the dross the modern players regurgitate as entertainment.

Kind of agree with this. Most talented but no longer the winning force he was. Now it is about pretending he isn’t bothered and claiming media attention. No different to Alex Higgins in this regard, seeking to intimidate opponents. He will be hurt if he loses today, chances are running out for one last hurrah. Six years since he made the one table set up at the crucible. I thought no crowd would be a big advantage, but he just misses too many easy ones and his long game is not what it was. Purely an age thing.

age isn't affecting Higgins, Williams and co ?

Sullivan still the most talented out their, but he just plays so quick and erratic at times, i'm sure he doesn't enjoy a easy set up on the table!

age isn't affecting Higgins, Williams and co ?

Sullivan still the most talented out their, but he just plays so quick and erratic at times, i'm sure he doesn't enjoy a easy set up on the table!

Of course age is a factor, those three are still near the top because of how good they were and to some degree still are. They are hardly winning machines today, the standard was much higher in the early 2000s when each off those three were at their peak.

I can't stand O'Sullivan he hasn't got an ounce of class, but that interview whilst achingly arrogant was shining a light on the truth. Snookers stars are faceless drones the heyday of snooker has passed in this country, Hurrican Higgins, Whirlwind White and Cocaine Stevens are all but memories.
Ciggies burning at the table big BIll Werbeniuk snarfing down 20 pints of lager a session, now we have a sanitised drone like experience, it's that bad that even though I love playing snooker I can't watch any of the dross the modern players regurgitate as entertainment.

think that's harsh to be honest, Robertson/Selby/Trump are all ridiculously gifted and great to watch

think that's harsh to be honest, Robertson/Selby/Trump are all ridiculously gifted and great to watch
Is it a prerequisite to have bad hair if you're called Trump? He should get some Brylcreem and do a Ray Reardon.

Selby is the best player at the moment from what I've seen. If Wilson beats Trump I can't see past one of Selby/Williams/O'Sullivan being the champion. Would love a surprise though.

I know what people mean by saying there's no characters in the game, but I think that's the appeal for many - the tradition of the sport. I think pairs games might perk it up a bit where the team-mates can get some banter going. One v one is too intense to keep joking about and the timed shot version they tried/are trying is crap.

Is it a prerequisite to have bad hair if you're called Trump? He should get some Brylcreem and do a Ray Reardon.

Selby is the best player at the moment from what I've seen. If Wilson beats Trump I can't see past one of Selby/Williams/O'Sullivan being the champion. Would love a surprise though.

I know what people mean by saying there's no characters in the game, but I think that's the appeal for many - the tradition of the sport. I think pairs games might perk it up a bit where the team-mates can get some banter going. One v one is too intense to keep joking about and the timed shot version they tried/are trying is crap.

it annoys me so many are more fixated on the personality of a sports person rather than the ability

I couldn't care less if someone is 'boring' its the snooker i want too see, and at the top level it's great to watch

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.