World Vegan Day

Monica Gagliano recent and studies on plant inteligence are very interesting.
The results of her research suggest plants might possess intelligence, memory and learning, although the mechanisms at play may be fundamentally different from those of humans and animals.

Their is no moral high ground to eating only plant products that are killed justified because they don't have eyes, ears a brain etc as it still killing a living organism.
We've got to eat something.
I am always going to eat meat and that is my choice.
If vegans think that they hold the moral high ground, then so be it - but remember - plants have micro organisms living on them, so even vegans are killing some kind of life form, even though it's not the size of a cow or chicken.

Thinking of giving it a go for a week. Vegetarian rather than vegan though. Which would you say is the most meat like vegetarian burger/sausage/mince in terms of taste and texture?

For sausages I think the cauldron ones or the Sainsbury's vegan shroomdogs are the best.

Burgers I think Linda McCartney. Some supermarkets are stocking the Beyond Burgers now but I think they're like £5.50 for two which sounds excessive to me.

The Quorn chicken pieces I don't think replicate chicken that well or taste of much. The chicken nuggets are ok though as real chicken nuggets tend to be just made of reclaimed factory mush anyway.

For mince I think Quorn does the job quite well but I've moved away from that now because I've learned a few new recipes that just use veg as a straight up replacement. It's surprising how well mushrooms can act as a meat substitute. This chilli is probably the nicest I've had.
https://www.you.co.uk/bosh-ultimate-chilli-recipe/

I only went veggie a couple of months ago but as I quite enjoy cooking I've just used it as an opportunity to learn lots of new recipes and techniques and I'm eating better and enjoying my food more now than I have for years. I don't think I'd manage to go fully vegan just yet but I think it's great that more options are becoming available to make it easier. I'm going to give veganuary a go after christmas but I'll be ready to eat a full block of cheese by February I'm sure.

Watched game changers on Netflix very interesting, the biggest thing is the lowering of the cholesterol and the stopping the arteries getting clogged. Seen a lot recently go more plant based and the results do seem staggering with weight loss and lowering of cholesterol.
It’s a confusing as one minute somethings good for you then it’s bad, I get that each industry is probably sponsoring all that as eluded to in the documentary but I must admit it did get me thinking.

I’d say Richmond meat free sausages and The No Meat Company burgers are the best I’ve had.

I converted to vegetarian last year after a major health scare. The professionals didn’t tell me to but it’s been necessary to ensure I eat far better than I did. “Lots of fresh fruit and vegetables” they were saying.

The weight has stayed off and I feel far more energetic than I used to. Everywhere you go you see grossly overweight people. It’s so unhealthy to be like that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.