Worlds biggest aircraft. Antonov 225.

The Antonov 22 is due back on 5th Dec at 1845 departing 6th at 1105. These timings are likely to change but will keep updating. Will try and drive over from Blackpool to see this. Awesome aircraft.

Yep certainly a beast of an aircraft, in the mid nineties I think it was the AN22 came to Hannover to take relief supplies somewhere. Everything loaded on was in loose boxes and not on pallets it took days to load. Then when it started its props and taxied to the runway you could feel the whole apron vibrate! Beautiful beast

Last edited by a moderator:
The return of the Antonov 22 has been delayed due to bad weather in Cuba. Was due tomorrow at 1845 but been put back by approx 24 hours. Won't have exact timings until it's on move. Will keep updating.

I have been chasing one of these for years, and only found out about it about the time it landed on Friday, so into the car and off to the airport....Except it was Friday and it involved the M6. Oh how I laughed. I hope all concerned with the M6 roadworks get anal warts, those who planned them, those working on them, and all those who were on the M6 north on Friday causing the gridlock that thwarted me....wankers all.

I will not be thwarted this time, just watch the twat arrive at 04.30hrs or something stupid.

I have been chasing one of these for years, and only found out about it about the time it landed on Friday, so into the car and off to the airport....Except it was Friday and it involved the M6. Oh how I laughed. I hope all concerned with the M6 roadworks get anal warts, those who planned them, those working on them, and all those who were on the M6 north on Friday causing the gridlock that thwarted me....wankers all.

I will not be thwarted this time, just watch the twat arrive at 04.30hrs or something stupid.

I will let you know as soon as I get any updates. Be great for me if it gets delayed till Fri/Sat as I'm struggling to get out of work this week.

Was lucky enough to have been working at Woodford in 2007 when the big Antanalov 124 landed with a Nimrod fuselage inside it. Got right up close i did! Here is a YouTube clip of the day, I didn't take it, but it gives an idea of the size of the thing, it was bloody enormous!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.