Worlds biggest aircraft. Antonov 225.

bluesteve1964 said:
This beast is coming into Manchester on Monday. Only its 2nd ever visit and rarely seen anywhere in the UK.

6i495x.jpg

Due to land 11.30am on Monday and depart Tuesday at 9am. Really is worth making an effort to see this aircraft makes anything else look tiny. Fair bit bigger than the A380.

33eo7m0.jpg

If I hear any updates of time changes/cancellation I will post on here, but at the moment its a day off work and a drive to Manchester for me. I'm sure El Presidente will be hanging out of his window for this one.

El Presidente will be watching for sure. I saw it on its first visit and its just amazing.

Here is the beast departing Manchester last time it was here

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyJHtFKEOp0[/youtube]

bluesteve1964 said:
everythingchangesbutblue said:
does anyone know if this will land on the runway near styal rd.wouldn't mind standin underneath that.

Totally depends on wind direction. Planes normally come in that way but if wind changes around they will take off that way.

will it be coming in over my house (J17 M60) like a lot of others do?

stonerblue said:
bluesteve1964 said:
everythingchangesbutblue said:
does anyone know if this will land on the runway near styal rd.wouldn't mind standin underneath that.

Totally depends on wind direction. Planes normally come in that way but if wind changes around they will take off that way.

If it shows on planetracker i will let you know. I dont know were its coming in from though.

About a third of Manchester approaches will cross you so maybe mate.

Rascal said:
stonerblue said:
bluesteve1964 said:

If it shows on planetracker i will let you know. I dont know were its coming in from though.

About a third of Manchester approaches will cross you so maybe mate.

Nice one Rasc'.

I remember that Chinook flying over my garden a couple of years ago. I shit meself..

bluesteve1964 said:
kippaxwarrior said:
Wouldnt mind seeing that
Will it be in a hanger for the rest of the day or will people be able to see it? Im in work till 4 so if you can see it might pop down to the airport tea time

Definitely wont be in a hangar. Assume it will be on the cargo area. Unfortunately you can't see this from the Aviation Viewing Park. Think you can see it if you go to the top of the multi storey. Hoping to be there when it lands but I think the AVP will be packed out.

what about the smokers 'lounge' on top of T1?

Summerbuzz said:
I would swear I was at farnborough when it made it's debut - the doubt is that I remember it failed to take off as there was a very noisy engine failure at about 60k - and I can't find any reference on the web to that happening .
I saw it flying at Farnborough; 1990 I think.

stonerblue said:
bluesteve1964 said:
kippaxwarrior said:
Wouldnt mind seeing that
Will it be in a hanger for the rest of the day or will people be able to see it? Im in work till 4 so if you can see it might pop down to the airport tea time

Definitely wont be in a hangar. Assume it will be on the cargo area. Unfortunately you can't see this from the Aviation Viewing Park. Think you can see it if you go to the top of the multi storey. Hoping to be there when it lands but I think the AVP will be packed out.

what about the smokers 'lounge' on top of T1?

Wouldnt be a great view. Top of the multi storey is easily the best place to see. May cost a few quid mind.

Collecting 'equipment' is what i have heard for it's reasons for the trip, no idea what it's collecting....

Summerbuzz said:
I would swear I was at farnborough when it made it's debut - the doubt is that I remember it failed to take off as there was a very noisy engine failure at about 60k - and I can't find any reference on the web to that happening .
That was the An-124, not the -225 (<a class="postlink" href="http://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/2379-225-flies-again.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/2379 ... again.html</a>).

The 225 was at Farnborough in 1990 but typically I went on the day it didn't fly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.