Worlds biggest aircraft. Antonov 225.

Ok plane spotters just next to that big ugly fucker as it came on stand by the way the runways are called 5 L and R and 23L and R wasn't sure what people mean by 24
I've never been near an aircraft when it literally shook the floor got a video of it coming on to stand but I don't know how to post video's
The runways used to be 06 and 24 when the runway headings were 236 degrees relative to Magnetic North (236 rounded up to 240 divided by 10) and the other end was 56 degrees. Magnetic north drifts slowly and the runways are now 231 degrees and 51 degrees relative to Mag North which are now rounded to 230 and 50, hence runways are now 23 and 05.
Some people still say 06 and 24 if they don't know it's changed.

Excellent went and had a nice view next to the runway. It was freezing and I did go sliding on my arse and got covered in shit. Well worth it mind as the beast took off and then turned and headed back over the airport at about 7000ft, great sight and sound.

The runways used to be 06 and 24 when the runway headings were 236 degrees relative to Magnetic North (236 rounded up to 240 divided by 10) and the other end was 56 degrees. Magnetic north drifts slowly and the runways are now 231 degrees and 51 degrees relative to Mag North which are now rounded to 230 and 50, hence runways are now 23 and 05.
Some people still say 06 and 24 if they don't know it's changed.
Was wondering as I was in Santa Ana, California today for the first time in years. Runways are the 20s. I used to live there and always remembered them as the 19s. Thanks for the explanation (from four years ago!).

In the grand scheme of things in the Ukraine it is fairly insignificant but unfortunately The Russians have destroyed this unique aircraft. Antonov have vowed they will rebuild the Mirya but from pictures I've seen they will be starting from scratch.
Of no military value at all it was used frequently for humanitarian aid.

In the grand scheme of things in the Ukraine it is fairly insignificant but unfortunately The Russians have destroyed this unique aircraft. Antonov have vowed they will rebuild the Mirya but from pictures I've seen they will be starting from scratch.
Of no military value at all it was used frequently for humanitarian aid.

Attachments

• AC47540B-93CE-40BA-B647-36998A9A4485.jpeg
    AC47540B-93CE-40BA-B647-36998A9A4485.jpeg
    44.1 KB · Views: 45
That's just an excuse. We all know that they like big:-

- Biggest aircraft, Antonov 225
- Biggest submarine, Typhoon class

Longest naval ship is USS Enterprise though. And after today's revelations "largest programme of suspicionless surveillance in human history" is British.
Biggest **** now as well

This beast is coming into Manchester on Monday. Only its 2nd ever visit and rarely seen anywhere in the UK.

6i495x.jpg

Due to land 11.30am on Monday and depart Tuesday at 9am. Really is worth making an effort to see this aircraft makes anything else look tiny. Fair bit bigger than the A380.

33eo7m0.jpg

If I hear any updates of time changes/cancellation I will post on here, but at the moment its a day off work and a drive to Manchester for me. I'm sure El Presidente will be hanging out of his window for this one.
I will look out for it. I won't have to go far, they fly over my house as they come in to land

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.