Worlds biggest aircraft. Antonov 225.

When I was in the Air Force I used to work the Fairford Airshow regularly.

Believe me-This is a fooking beast of a machine. Seeing it take off is amazing.

at the moment 0900 planes are landing from the east, which makes the car park at Cheadle Royal a decent viewing point as they are virtually over-head. If they switch to west approach it's useless.

I hope it comes in on 23R (over Stockport). I live in Woodley and am at the 6 mile mark for the runway. If not, I'll see it outbound - it will be right over the house.
I'll be on the flight arrivals/departures (on my favourites) at regular intervals, and tuned in to 118.625 on my airband radio.

My anorak is in the boot of my car!

IM NOT REALLY HERE said:
If I get the train to the airport tomorrow which is the best place to watch this from without having to walk too far as we will have a young one in a pram.

If they are landing the normal way i.e over Stockport. Get off at Heald Green station. You will be right under the flightpath and it will be at about 300 ft.

That would be best if you have a pram :)<br /><br />-- Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:05 pm --<br /><br />
Big Tackle said:
Anyone know if this will go over Knutsford. If it does l'll have cracking view of it.

Looking at the weather forecast i expect it will take off over Knutsford.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.