Worlds biggest aircraft. Antonov 225.

bluestew666 said:
bluesteve1964 said:
smeeagain said:
i was always amazed at the guppy when that occaisionally landed here
i reckon it must of been taken out of service now as ive not seen one for years

The Guppy did used to be a regular visitor in the 70s and 80s to pick up airbus wings.

2nm3q83.jpg

This was then replaced by the equally strange looking Beluga which now flies directly into Hawarden to pick up the wings.

2n9dfn5.jpg

So that's what it is!! I was driving along A483 through Chester a few weeks back and seen this flying above me.

Puts anorak back on.

If it is landing from Hamburg as it descends it has to circle around Chester so not to interfere with Liverpool approach. If it comes from Toulouse it will circle round Mold for the same reason.

Im really sad knowing that :((

Rascal said:
bluestew666 said:
bluesteve1964 said:
The Guppy did used to be a regular visitor in the 70s and 80s to pick up airbus wings.

2nm3q83.jpg

This was then replaced by the equally strange looking Beluga which now flies directly into Hawarden to pick up the wings.

2n9dfn5.jpg

So that's what it is!! I was driving along A483 through Chester a few weeks back and seen this flying above me.

Puts anorak back on.

If it is landing from Hamburg as it descends it has to circle around Chester so not to interfere with Liverpool approach. If it comes from Toulouse it will circle round Mold for the same reason.

Im really sad knowing that :((

Good knowledge sir, it was a Monday morning and I thought I was seeing things, I knew Liverpool airport was close but not this side of M56. I seriously thought something mad was happening, it was quite low down so obviously landing at Boeing HQ and it looks a monstrosity.

bluestew666 said:
Good knowledge sir, it was a Monday morning and I thought I was seeing things, I knew Liverpool airport was close but not this side of M56. I seriously thought something mad was happening, it was quite low down so obviously landing at Boeing HQ and it looks a monstrosity.

Airbus HQ at Hawarden :))

I saw it from the A483 a few years back and thought it was at probably 2000 ft

paphos-mcfc said:
Wasn't the Spruce Goose the daddy of all aircraft? It did take to the skies apparenlty.

flew once for approx i mile, never certified for safety, never flew again , the wingspan dwarfed any thing flying today, amazing since it was all wooden construction.

It coming in from it home base in the Ukraine and going to take ITK refuges from the Isco thread .no it going out to Seoul I believe.

rickmcfc said:
What's the latest on this? What time is it expected to leave/depart?
@manairport: For those interested in the arrival of the #Antonov225 on Monday, it's scheduled to arrive at 11.30am 24th June, departing 9am on the 25th

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.