World's Most Valuable Players

"We are CIES and we've written a spreadsheet which allows to put numbers in and get other numbers out. We then claim this is research and publish it to the unwary."

It's CIES, so it's clickbait for bottomfeeders.

Messi>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Sergio

He's a far better and more productive player, but for how long?
If I have a 64 year old working for me who's a good bit better at his job than a 25 year old who's got the potential but lacks experience, which one do I invest my time in?
It’s the old “if you have two young sprinters for one spot in an Olympic development programme, both the same age, both the same pace in trials, one has perfect running form, the other has mediocre form, which do you pick” situation.

It’s the old “if you have two young sprinters for one spot in an Olympic development programme, both the same age, both the same pace in trials, one has perfect running form, the other has mediocre form, which do you pick” situation.
You pick the one with mediocre form and back yourself to fix it. I'm 8/9 years managing now and I'll always pick the kid with the higher ceiling and back myself to get him there.

"We are CIES and we've written a spreadsheet which allows to put numbers in and get other numbers out. We then claim this is research and publish it to the unwary."

It's CIES, so it's clickbait for bottomfeeders.
Tbh mate can't agree with that, I respect their work even if I don't always agree with their conclusions.

You pick the one with mediocre form and back yourself to fix it. I'm 8/9 years managing now and I'll always pick the kid with the higher ceiling and back myself to get him there.
Exactly, the same for me, though only 5 years managing kids.

See Pep and Raheem.

Plus you can control the younger one, the one with experience will be after your job-;)

Tbh mate can't agree with that, I respect their work even if I don't always agree with their conclusions.

These periodic releases seem to be stats for stats sake, and as has been mentioned are wont to have de bruyne shaped holes to them.

It may be that the more targeted stuff they do has merit, and I accept I was mainly thinking of this type of release which barely seems to have any value to it. I take the same view with the BBC's need to publish Gracenote stuff.

They base a lot of this off of statistics, and there's a recent bias/age factor too.

That's why De Bruyne is low (injuries, just like Neymar) and Aguero is low (age; he's the fourth highest over 30 player)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.