Worried about the EDS

Its a fair point, but I'm not sure that them losing every week is good for their development either, I think there is a lack of balance here, too many underage players getting beat every week isn't helping their cause much.

That might not be the coach, but it could be.

We should also remember that we have quite a number of players who would be playing at this level if here, playing elsewhere on loan at a higher level, surely that is good experience for them, even if its not for the 16/17/18 year olds playing U23 football.
I'm in total agreement there bud. I was mulling over this at work last night and the only solution I can see is a change in management to try and wake up the youngsters. There's no way they're bringing anyone back from loan as (as you say) that would be to their detriment, perhaps Delap coming back from injury will make a difference as he does look a handful despite his age.

Of course it could just all be a cunning plan by the management using tough love to teach the lads. Let them get deep into trouble at the start of the season and then explain how to get back out of it. (Yes, this is hopelessly optimistic :) )

I wonder whether a possible reason for the results of the EDS is that they play against teams which are on average say 2 years older. In that stage of players' development 2 years is a big difference. Probably half of our players are 17 y.o. Last night Delap was subbed in and he is only 16. If there is no significant age difference between our EDS team and the other U23 teams, then something might be going seriously wrong.

Yes, spot on. Funny that they talk about youngsters playing against men. It is what we are doing and get blasted.
People just want w.w .w .w w .

According to the Daily Mail.

Arsenal target Manchester City talent spotter Joe Shields, who recruited England star Jadon Sancho, in academy revamp

Watching the EDS on BT2 they City boys look not very good . I think they are not in very good form.
The are terrible off the ball no one wins the ball back. Tactics are well I don´t know what the tactics are.
Am I being unfair or ?

The coach is the same as for the EDS. They look mess, no structure whatsoever and that is on the coach. The whole club is supposed to play the same way.

We looked better all over the pitch apart from the final ball & actually shooting, really frustrating to watch.

Similar to the first team the ref was shocking and gave Atalanta a very soft pen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.