Worst Champions Ever

I'll just leave this here for now......

20210221-214436.jpg
Fucking typical BT thinking football only began in '92. None of them touch our record for going down the season after winning while also scoring the most goals.

We will always own this. Defending Champions being relegated whilst scoring 100 goal and conceding 100 odd. History just as much as Bert's neck, Bobby Johnstone, Stevie Macenzie in 81 or Young or Dikov n Horlock and Don Sergio.

Manchester City. Breaking history since forever!

I think it's the team's performance in the season they actually won the title which earns you your ranking. Seeing as I, in common with most blues, think it is unarguable that the best/greatest champions are our Centurions, I have to admit (very grudgingly!) that the scousers are (along with Spurs double winners?), the second greatest.

I remember quite clearly being told we were the shortest reigning champions after our title in 2012. Assuming this is measured in time (i.e. days) what is the number that Liverpool have to beat (and can we count the concession last week?)
Leicester now i think.

I
I remember quite clearly being told we were the shortest reigning champions after our title in 2012. Assuming this is measured in time (i.e. days) what is the number that Liverpool have to beat (and can we count the concession last week?)
I imagine Liverpool will be the shortest reigning champions anyway. When was it won? Late May or June?

The worst greatest PL Champions ever.

I don’t think the Coach Wreckers meant that when they thought up another self-proclaimed title

It's still mind bending to me that a team that scores the most goals can get relegated. How can that even happen? Typical City!
With three games left to play City were third from bottom on 33 points, however mathematically fourteen teams were still in the relegation ‘hat’.
It was to be one of the closest relegation battles ever as City drew 0-0 at Charlton and beat Leeds 6-2 at Maine Road in the Blues’ penultimate game of the season.
Bottom club Huddersfield had 35 points and Grimsby, West Brom, Portsmouth, Birmingham, Stoke and City all had 36 points, The Blues had the best goal average, but Huddersfield, West Brom and Stoke still had two games to play.
Huddersfield won their game in hand and Stoke and West Brom lost theirs, therefore seven clubs were fighting against relegation on the last day of the season, and City were playing at fellow strugglers, Huddersfield.
City lost 1-0 to Huddersfield at Leeds Road, and suffered the Ignominy of being the first Champions to be relegated, indeed amazingly they scored more goals than the new Division 1 Champions, maybe this was the season that the Citizens truly earned the name ‘typical City’

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.