Worst film you have ever had the misfortune of seeing.

Unknown_Genius said:
Although probably not the worst film I've ever seen (I really can't think of one), The Phantom Menace. The number of plot holes, and inconsistencies that film has is just shocking. Its as if George Lucas completetly rushed it, without reading it through, and they just accepted, without anyone saying it made no sense, and was a sloppy mess.

Thats true
After seeing Jurrasic Park, Lucas knew special effects had come to a stage where he would be happy using them in new Star Wars films
He went away to start the script and had nothing, no script, no back story, no characters, nothing. The rumour is his first draft is the one in the film which is unheard of, Fox accepted it because they knew it would make them hundreds of millions no matter what.
Jar Jar Binks is ONLY in the film because Lucas wanted to show Spielberg he could do better special effects than him!

Your right though it is a mess but not as bad as Attack Of The Clones, thats when Lucas completely lost the plot imo

djelanomcfc said:
Eyes Wide Shut, what a terrible film. The only good thing about it is Nicole Kidman. (not her acting)
It seems to be on ITV 2 every few weeks and the music is annoying.

100% Agree. I had the misfortune of paying money to watch this dogshit at cinema (hangs head in shame).

Ntini77 said:
Jaws 3 & Jaws: The Revenge deserve a mention.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Xd9Mmk60zg&feature=related[/youtube]

A shark that roars.lol

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi59JXjFvRo&feature=related[/youtube]

kippaxwarrior said:
Unknown_Genius said:
Although probably not the worst film I've ever seen (I really can't think of one), The Phantom Menace. The number of plot holes, and inconsistencies that film has is just shocking. Its as if George Lucas completetly rushed it, without reading it through, and they just accepted, without anyone saying it made no sense, and was a sloppy mess.

Thats true
After seeing Jurrasic Park, Lucas knew special effects had come to a stage where he would be happy using them in new Star Wars films
He went away to start the script and had nothing, no script, no back story, no characters, nothing. The rumour is his first draft is the one in the film which is unheard of, Fox accepted it because they knew it would make them hundreds of millions no matter what.
Jar Jar Binks is ONLY in the film because Lucas wanted to show Spielberg he could do better special effects than him!

Your right though it is a mess but not as bad as Attack Of The Clones, thats when Lucas completely lost the plot imo

Clones is the worst, along with the third one. First one is actually charming compared to them.

If you haven't already checked them out; this guy's reviews are so entertaining whilst being utterly damming and wholly accurate, that I felt like something positive had been salvaged from the whole affair.

<a class="postlink" href="http://redlettermedia.com/plinkett/star-wars/star-wars-episode-iii-revenge-of-the-sith/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://redlettermedia.com/plinkett/star ... -the-sith/</a>

I think this one covers it best, as he uncovers the lie that the third was any better than the other two. They are all awful in exactly the same way.

Personally the only time I've walked out of a movie with the thought of finding the director and punching him for being so stupid, so appallingly smug, so grossly insulting was 'Crash'. Not the slightly disappointing Cronenberg film, rather the Paul Haggis movie that won the Oscar for best picture.

although shawshank, schindlers list and godfather are obviously rubbish and not at all three of the best films ever made i have the winner by a country mile

the happening is without doubt the worst film ever made, people trying to out run the wind? how Shyamalan thought he could get away with this absolute dog turd of a film is unbelievable, he is a wanker of the highest order and deserves to be shot without delay. Mark Wahlberg's performance is also worth a mention as the worst piece of acting known to man helped largely by a script a three year old would get hung for writing.

end of thread

Chick Counterfly said:
Personally the only time I've walked out of a movie with the thought of finding the director and punching him for being so stupid, so appallingly smug, so grossly insulting was 'Crash'.

Agreed. An insufferable offensive on the thinking film-goer. And about as subtle as an earthquake.

Southern Comfort

A mate at work had been moaning at me for weeks to see it. From the late 70's early 80's. Never really got going until one gruesome scene happened then slowed down completely again and finished abruptly.

Never going to see that again.

rushts said:
Wythy_Blue said:
I dunno really but i'm plannin on watchin this tonight.....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLEo7H9tqSM[/youtube]

So that'll probably take the crown

Pmsl, when i saw the thread this instantly popped into my head, i enjoyed it in a shit sort of way.

I enjoyed it, worth a watch.

Adventureland. Boring as fuck.<br /><br />-- Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:49 am --<br /><br />Oh and not too forget The Human Centipede but at least that had the 'sorta wanna see what happens' about it ...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.