Worst golf collapse ever....

Knight1979

I think there have been a few worse but I'm going with Norman at the 96 Masters just because it was significant in that you never really heard much from him again (at least not in golf).

sky tot said:
jean van der verde
Carnoustie 1999 ,ball in the stream senario

yea, watching it on youtube now.......poor sucker. He chose driver off the tee........WTF??

Knight1979 said:
I think there have been a few worse but I'm going with Norman at the 96 Masters just because it was significant in that you never really heard much from him again (at least not in golf).

The old white shark had a reputation of being a choker and it perhaps wasn't such a surprise that he collapsed as Faldo gradually reeled him in at the Masters. I seem to recall Faldo taking his time over his shots and "getting to" Norman. At least Norman can say he was put under some pressure by another opponent. Van der Velde was not under the same sort of pressure when he blew the open by poor shot selection. These incidents sum up the beauty of sport in that it ain't over 'till it's over.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.