Worst guitar solo.

I put a lot of Jimmy Page’s live stuff in the same vein.
Albums are fabulous and not many better for killer riffs but I find his live solos underwhelming.
I think with guitar players like Page his solos were largely improvised and though I love Zep he never played the same solo twice and I agree that often this came across as self indulgence that went on for too long. Contrast that with say Brian May who, though I don’t think was as talented as Page, played the same solo every night.

I think with guitar players like Page his solos were largely improvised and though I love Zep he never played the same solo twice and I agree that often this came across as self indulgence that went on for too long. Contrast that with say Brian May who, though I don’t think was as talented as Page, played the same solo every night.
some of the zep live shows were very ropey...JPJ held the whole thing together...Page fannied around with lasers and viola bows far too much.

Always hated the guitar solo in Don’t Fear The Reaper. Way below the riffs and other fills in the song, which I absolutely love. I know it’s supposed to sound ‘spooky’ but it just grates.
Hey,the bit in the middle. Eric Bloom didn't do the the best there. It stalled. Then end rifts brilliant. Such a good tune.

Nowhere Man by the Beatles. Again great tune but the solo (played by Harrison?) is the weakest part of the song, just doesnt seem to take the song anywhere

I put a lot of Jimmy Page’s live stuff in the same vein.
Albums are fabulous and not many better for killer riffs but I find his live solos underwhelming.
Best me to it! I was going to suggest his solo on Ten Years Gone on the live album with The Black Crowes - ragged as fuck.

He was probably tired from noncing underage girls. A fucking beast and a nonce.
Love the hypocrisy inherent in happily listening to Led Zeppelin while tutting at fellow paedophiles like DLT, Stuart Hall and Jimmy Savile

I still watch Jim'll Fix It, top of the pops and it's a knockout on occasion. The same goes for Led Zep.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.