Worst injury celebrating a City goal

Under Stuart Pearce the entire crowd died of shock when City scored.

Cliff-top car catastrophes, slipping off of the summit of mount Everest and even folks hurtling out of the International Space Station I can just about get - but do you seriously expect people to believe such a preposterous notion as City actually scoring during the Pearce era? I call bullshit.

Was recovering from a knee op and using crutches when Aguero won us the title. Failed to follow medical advice and had to sit down almost as quickly as i had stood up!

Away to Real Madrid in Champs League in 2012 when Edin scored, both my son ( 6ft 5 ) and myself ( 6ft) twatted the backs of our calfs on our seats when we jumped up to celebrate. Our legs were both black & blue for days !

Mike Sheron, early goal v Spurs FA Cup QF, 1993. Tore ankle ligaments going down The Kippax steps. Huge egg shape appeared on my ankle. Carried out by St. John's and on to hospital. It was 1-1 when I left, 1-4 by the time I was sat awaiting a lift in the casualty waiting area in a wheelchair. Saw Phelan's wonder goal in total misety and plenty of pain.

Happy days.

Not an injury but my false tooth flew out and as I was front row tier 2 it fell onto a woman's head in tier 1.

Luckily she put it in a tissue until I managed to get a steward to let me down there.

Remember celebrating the night away in Trafalgar Square with blood stained slacks where I'd cut my legs to ribbons on the seats at Wembley for Dickovs equaliser. Pretty sure I was chatting to someone that night and it was either him or his mate had a suspected broken foot but was refusing to goto hospital as like many blue that night we were a bit wasted.

Does emotional injury most of is suffered following this club through thin and thinner also count?
We need an ' I Survived injury at Wembley 99" T-Shirt or similar.

My dad is injury prone.

He once fell down the steps at Wembley during the 2nd division play off final, only to be helped back to to his feet by none other than Uwé Rosler.

I don't quite follow in his footsteps, but I did nearly burst my nutsack on one of the blue metal rails on the Kippax terrace when I jumped up to celebrate a goal (I think against Leeds). It was just one of those moments where as I jumped, I got clattered from behind and propelled into the rail. Luckily, no lasting damage, but it made my eyes water.

Mine was Blackpool away in the 4th round of the cup when Paul Lake scored that ridiculous goal. Was stood up along the side of the pitch, under a roof. Proper old style terrace. Loved it. Really edgy.

Went fucking mental when we equalised right at the end, as we all did. It was fucking mayhem. And as I'm bouncing around my right knee banged into the crush-barrier. It knocked me off my stride, but it didn't stop me celebrating.

Hurt like fuck later though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.