Worst (OK and best) band names

journolud

All the best band names were taken ages ago, the classic one wonders like Love, Spirit, Cream and those that put a The in front like the Who and of course it was only right that the Smiths was left for a band that would do it justice.

There's the enigmatic combinations like Pink Floyd and then punk took band names to a whole new level. But there are some rubbish band names. I've been listening recently to one called the Proper Ornaments, possibly the worst band name I've ever heard but ironically a great band, one of three that (I know of) that songwriter James Hoare has been in. Before them was Ultimate Painting, another crappy name and before that Veronica Falls. Actually I've give them that one.

Your best or worst band names? Who has had a great name they didn't deserve or do justice? Who had a crap name but delivered the goods?

"Toploader" (Dancing In The Moonlight)

I always thought they were named after a washing machine or a VHS video player (or was it Betamax?).
However, my son tells me it's a way of rolling a joint!

Best: Ned’s atomic dustbin (named after a spike Milligan sketch)

Worst: jedward, bts, Infact practically any manufactured pop band name

Worst band names - I stumbled upon a German metalcore band recently called “We Butter The Bread With Butter”.

Another metal band, this one from California called “Goblin Cock”.

My favourite band name - in fact one of my favourite bands - an Australian band I saw live a couple of weeks ago called Caligula’s Horse. Named after the horse of the Roman Emperor Caligula, who according to history loved his horse so much he invited it to dinner and tried to make it a Senator, but was assassinated before he could make it happen.

Worst band names - I stumbled upon a German metalcore band recently called “We Butter The Bread With Butter”.

Another metal band, this one from California called “Goblin Cock”.

My favourite band name - in fact one of my favourite bands - an Australian band I saw live a couple of weeks ago called Caligula’s Horse. Named after the horse of the Roman Emperor Caligula, who according to history loved his horse so much he invited it to dinner and tried to make it a Senator, but was assassinated before he could make it happen.
Incitatus.

Worst, possibly Manchester post- punk outfit, Crispy Ambulance. What were they thinking?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.