Would Dzeko have been successful under Pep?

Dzeko was a victim of his own ego in the end. He seemed to think he should of started more because he became a good impact sub. He became a good impact sub because his efforts dropped massively in the end over 90 mins and he was only good enough to be a second choice striker and an impact sub. So no. Pep likes workers, Aguero was almost a gonner at one point so Dzeko wouldn't of stood a chance.
He didnt have an ego, he delivered so thought he should start , every footballer backs themselves to be a starter , the only problem he had was being here at the same time as sergio, he is very underated , his numbers were great , i love a fellow klutz as well

He didnt have an ego, he delivered so thought he should start , every footballer backs themselves to be a starter , the only problem he had was being here at the same time as sergio, he is very underated , his numbers were great , i love a fellow klutz as well
I'm going overrated option.
Opinions eh.

Not got the mobility, 5 yard pace or work ethic for Pep.

He’d be in tears when Pep got on his case !!
He's been playing at the top level for 12 years at least, he's been prolific in Germany, England, Italy and for his national team, managed by all kind of different managers - including Magath, who is along BIelsa known psycho when it comes to physical work and training - even now at the age of 34 he's ben wanted by Inter and this season even Juventus. There was never a manager saying he's been a problem in any way. And all this from a player who is lazy, not mobile and 'wank' with his technical skills. I suppose you don't rate Gundo either. :)
Pep was always able to get the best out of players he had at his disposal, so why not with Edin? Kun has been well known as lax in training and Pep changed him completely.

Don't think he would be a starter under pep. His work rate, closing down wasn't one of his best attributes but he would have been an option, one we don't have. Big and strong in the air on corners whereas now a corner isn't much an advantage. De bryne whipping them crosses in, sure, he'd be be on the end of some of em!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.