Would You Like To See The (Manchester) Bee Incorporated Into Any Future Badge Redesign?

The ship on the CoA pre-dates the Manchester ship canal by several decades, it's nothing to do with actual ships sailing in to Manchester.

The ship signifies international trade and Manchester's outward looking identity. It's still relevant as that's still relevant to Manchester today.

Obviously the rose represents Lancashire, which Manchester hasn't been a part of since 1974, so it's no longer relevant. Much more relevant to Blackburn really.

I don't mind the rose being on the badge as it adds a bit of colour to the badge and it's a nod to the City badge I grew up with. So I guess it's fair to say the rose has some significance to City, but is no longer relevant to Manchester.

Blackburn is no longer in Lancashire then, hasn't been for over twenty years by your logic. There are also bee monuments in Blackburn for the same reason there are in Manchester.

Blackburn is no longer in Lancashire then, hasn't been for over twenty years by your logic. There are also bee monuments in Blackburn for the same reason there are in Manchester.

Genuinely not being argumentative, is Blackburn no longer in Lancashire? I thought it was, apologies if I've got that wrong.

And Blackburn has bee monuments because it's on the Manchester Coat of Arms? That seems a bit odd?

Genuinely not being argumentative, is Blackburn no longer in Lancashire? I thought it was, apologies if I've got that wrong.

And Blackburn has bee monuments because it's on the Manchester Coat of Arms? That seems a bit odd?

Blackburn with Darwen and Blackpool got unitary status in the 1990s.

The bee is a symbol for Blackburn for the same reason it is on the Manchester coat of arms.

Blackburn with Darwen and Blackpool got unitary status in the 1990s.

The bee is a symbol for Blackburn for the same reason it is on the Manchester coat of arms.

Oh ok, well if Blackburn are no longer in Lancashire I guess that's a matter for them if they want to have the rose on their badge or not.

There are plenty of symbols that appear on many CoA like the lion and antelope. I appreciate towns like Blackburn were an essential part of the industrial revolution so perhaps have a fondness for the bee and what it represents.

But the discussion was about symbols representing places. The bee has always represented Manchester, even if it went over the head of one or two posters on here. The rose has always represented Lancashire.

For me, Manchester City represents the city of Manchester. Whether it's in Lamcashire or not (which it isn't) so the Rose doesn't really have much meaning anymore to the city, whereas the bee does.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.