Would You regard this as a form of theft?

RightTurnClyde

If somebody goes into a store and there are two displays of Cameras at each end of the store. Both displays are the exact same model. One display is priced at £650.00. The other display is priced at £6.50. A customer picks up a £6.50 camera, is served by the assistant and charged £6.50. Customer leaves the store a happy chappy. The value of the camera is approx £650.00.

Any retail/ law type people know the answer? I'm saying no, but a fair few work colleagues say otherwise.

RightTurnClyde said:
If somebody goes into a store and there are two displays of Cameras at each end of the store. Both displays are the exact same model. One display is priced at £650.00. The other display is priced at £6.50. A customer picks up a £6.50 camera, is served by the assistant and charged £6.50. Customer leaves the store a happy chappy. The value of the camera is approx £650.00.

Any retail/ law type people know the answer? I'm saying no, but a fair few work colleagues say otherwise.

The law states that the store must sell the item at the price that is on the shelf. so no, not theft.

Anyway, where's this shop "somebody" went into?

RightTurnClyde said:

If that's the advertised price, why should the person have to pay more? No, not theft in my book.

The Flash said:
RightTurnClyde said:

The law states that the store must sell the item at the price that is on the shelf. so no, not theft.

I thought the tag was an "offer to deal". Store has the right to rescind that offer if they see fit.

But having accepted it I can't see any problems, unless the tags were deliberately swapped by the purchaser.

moomba said:
The Flash said:
RightTurnClyde said:

I thought the tag was an "offer to deal". Store has the right to rescind that offer if they see fit.

But having accepted it I can't see any problems, unless the tags were deliberately swapped by the purchaser.

If the product scans at £6.50 and is advertised at £6.50, then that's the vendor's fault, not the customer's.

I bought a Lacoste jumper in JD once for £10.00 it had been put in the under a tenner rack the same jumper was still on sale for £100.00 on the display racks. I never blinked an eye there rick not mine.

moomba said:
The Flash said:
RightTurnClyde said:

When I worked in a Jewellers something was priced wrong but spotted. The shop apparently had the right to remove the product from sale for 24hrs or something so that the person couldnt buy it at that price

The Flash said:
moomba said:
The Flash said:

If the product scans at £6.50 and is advertised at £6.50, then that's the vendor's fault, not the customer's.

Unless the customer switched tags.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.