Would you sacrifice the domestic cups to retain the league?

brummie blue

With the current injury problems, Stones 5 weeks out (and with his record possibly more) and Laporte and Sane until 2020, would you be happy to go out of the cups, league and FA, to concentrate all our efforts on retaining the league and giving the champions league a good go.

We've done the domestic cup collection, should stick to the main two competitions?

I’d sacrifice the CL to win the league again, never mind the domestic cups.

Only four clubs in the history of football have won three league titles in a row and I want that more than I want to make one successful pass in one CL game, never mind win the comp.

I would like us to win the Champions League and get that out of the way. If we did that whilst remaining competitive in the PL, that would be a successful season for me. Personally, I thought a dip was possible this season even without the terrible injury problems we have in our defence. A combination of not quite being able to keep the relentless pace of the last couple of years going and now the 4th year of Pep's tenure. He is an incredibly intense boss to have for 4 years and many of the squad will have been with him that long. I suspect but have no way of knowing, that Leroy is the first who finds it just too hard to match his standards over a prolonged period.

I would but I have a feeling that the only chance Foden and Garcia will play is in the cups so I hope for a decent run so Pep can't keep ignoring them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.