Would you take a win tomorrow over a win on wednesday

If we could only win 1 (hopefully we'll win both), i honestly would prefer us to beat Liverpool. Beat them and it's a Championship team at Wembley for another trophy. Beat the Rags and there's still about 4 or 5 games to go until the final, and we could easily get knocked out.

So yeah, temporarily, i see the Carling Cup as being slightly more important. I just want another trophy!

The days of accepting one in return for another are long gone - we are city, we are city, super city!

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=244198#p5133006" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?t=244198#p5133006</a>

Tricky_Trev said:
If we could only win 1 (hopefully we'll win both), i honestly would prefer us to beat Liverpool. Beat them and it's a Championship team at Wembley for another trophy. Beat the Rags and there's still about 4 or 5 games to go until the final, and we could easily get knocked out.

So yeah, temporarily, i see the Carling Cup as being slightly more important. I just want another trophy!

I think Id prefer to beat Utd. Draw with liverpool at home and beat them at anfield to set things right. But thats just me being greedy...

Tomorrow nothing else will matter. Even if Wednesday was a league title deciding game or CL final, when tomorrow comes everything else will be insignificant. But really outside the 24hours of Sunday 8th January 2012 the League Cup semi-final against Liverpool is the bigger of the two games.

-- Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:39 pm --

pauljv92 said:
Tricky_Trev said:

I think Id prefer to beat Utd. Draw with liverpool at home and beat them at anfield to set things right. But thats just me being greedy...
I always think if you're playing a two leg tie and the first leg is at home, you have to win by two clear goals at home. A draw is a bad result. A one goal win isn't great, it's too dangerous to go to the away leg with just a one goal lead.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.