Writers POTY .. Salah

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...ear-award-roma-champions-league-a8330516.html

"In a poll of around 400 members of the FWA, the winning margin is believed to have been fewer than 20 votes between Salah and De Bruyne, who between them comprised 90% of votes in this year's poll.

Harry Kane came third. The remaining players to receive nominations, in alphabetical order, were Sergio Aguero, Christian Eriksen, Roberto Firmino, Nick Pope, David Silva, Raheem Sterling and Jan Vertonghen"
That's good to hear actually... pics or didn't happen though. :)

Well we have become team of the PL by a country mile when results are the measure but if it came to a vote by players and then by football writers I wonder if it would be so clear cut ?

Sure Kev would rather win the League and League Cup but I wonder what the margin would have been without the Liverpool media machine in full force. Funny how everytime City win the league their is a campaign to not give any recognition to our players or management. Oh well, 102 points.

Sure Kev would rather win the League and League Cup but I wonder what the margin would have been without the Liverpool media machine in full force. Funny how everytime City win the league their is a campaign to not give any recognition to our players or management. Oh well, 102 points.

Probably the reason why Pep wants records set to emphasise the team superiority over the full season which may not be the way how others have voted or have written but whats new ?

Everytime we win it it's because it's a shit league.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...ear-award-roma-champions-league-a8330516.html

"In a poll of around 400 members of the FWA, the winning margin is believed to have been fewer than 20 votes between Salah and De Bruyne, who between them comprised 90% of votes in this year's poll.

Harry Kane came third. The remaining players to receive nominations, in alphabetical order, were Sergio Aguero, Christian Eriksen, Roberto Firmino, Nick Pope, David Silva, Raheem Sterling and Jan Vertonghen"
Nick Pope wtf.....why not Ederson then. Not a bad debut season.

I expected Salah to win it because most people in football focus on goalscorers, rather than the people running the games from the middle of the pitch. However, what annoys me is when people like Henry Winter (who is usually decent) vote for Salah. He says every year that the Ballon d'Or, PPOTY and FWPOTY should go to the player who most contributed towards the most successful team. Football is about winning things as a team, not individual statistics. KDB has been the best player in one of, if not the, best team England has ever seen. But because Salah has scored a lot of goals for the team which will finish 4th, he's changed his principles.
And 20 points + behind City
YRCNMIU

Who won it the year Yaya got 20 goals from midfield because a I do remember Yaya not being very happy about it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.