WSL Manchester City 5 West Ham 0 21/04/24 Match Thread:

I wouldn’t compare them to the men’s team. Probably easier for me as I don’t support City men because I support Everton but my women’s team is City. Just see their brand of football as their own entity and it’s very enjoyable. Glad you enjoyed and please keep supporting the ladies :)
Would echo that. For me they are also a “first team” as well in their own right. The quality of footy was top drawer today, really tidy and effective - and the sun was shining, which is always a bonus :-)

(Just really hoping Shaw hasn’t got a you-know-what injury!)

Would echo that. For me they are also a “first team” as well in their own right. The quality of footy was top drawer today, really tidy and effective - and the sun was shining, which is always a bonus :-)

Absolutely mate. They’re their own entity and rightly so. First half today we were unplayable and we’ve set a record for most WSL wins in a row and I couldn’t be more proud. Stadium was nicely filled to.
My mum who is also an Everton fan has got on board since the euros win and been watching city women on TV and took her to her first ever football match today at the age of 68. After the game she said “can I come with you again? I loved walking into the stadium” the women have a special place of including everybody.

As soon as Bunny went down I said to my mum I hope it’s not the dreaded three letters..

Absolutely mate. They’re their own entity and rightly so. First half today we were unplayable and we’ve set a record for most WSL wins in a row and I couldn’t be more proud. Stadium was nicely filled to.
My mum who is also an Everton fan has got on board since the euros win and been watching city women on TV and took her to her first ever football match today at the age of 68. After the game she said “can I come with you again? I loved walking into the stadium” the women have a special place of including everybody.

As soon as Bunny went down I said to my mum I hope it’s not the dreaded three letters..
Brilliant stuff mate, I hope she keeps coming :-)

Seeing her at full time with a compression boot rather than a knee brace has given me a bit of comfort but not rejoicing yet. She definitely couldnt weight bear but it seems it might not be knee and could be ankle. When I tore mine it was relatively painless after and thought I could play on despite the knee feeling a bit strange. Still fingers crossed its not ligaments or anything serious.

Of course yes, couple of beers after, badly worded.
I thought the 3rd goal was absolute perfection, real picture book build up Hope they show it and not just the finish. The hit I think started it was a fantastic little header in midfield which foxed the hamners before we worked it out to Lauren. As good as it gets that build up play !

Seeing her at full time with a compression boot rather than a knee brace has given me a bit of comfort but not rejoicing yet. She definitely couldnt weight bear but it seems it might not be knee and could be ankle. When I tore mine it was relatively painless after and thought I could play on despite the knee feeling a bit strange. Still fingers crossed its not ligaments or anything serious.

This is my hope too. Time and time again we see players walk off with an ACL often having tried to play on. The way Roord and Maciver left the pitch after theirs was more of a red flag to me. That said, given where we're at, it would only take a minor injury and a few weeks out for Shaw's season to be over. Really hope that isn't the case. We need her goals and presence for this run in!

At least she came back out and had a smile on her face with a few of the girls. I'm presuming by this point the physios had done an ACL tear assessment using manual manipulation (I've had a fair few of them). It's still relatively imprecice. I was told because my muscle tone was so good there was still relatively no laxity in the knee joint and only when I had keyhole surgery to clean out the joint was the cartlidge and ACL tear confirmed.

I'm hoping for Bunny's sake it's only a grade 1 sprained ankle and that's all with maybe only a couple of weeks out. She didn't seem to go over on it that would cause tendon or ligament rupture and Gareth seemed relaxed about it post match interview. Well all have to wait forcresults of the scan later today probably.

Only seen the extended highlights as been away all weekend.

Great result, looked a good performance, though they were unlucky with the woodwork a couple of times, but the goal difference boost was helpful, as it puts some pressure on chelsea, we need to rack up some goals against bristol city, before they play them.

Looked a good attendance.

I think on paper we probably have the easier fixtures, but that's no gaurantee.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.