WTF happened to music?

Have to laugh at all the " there's good music if you look outside the mainstream" poseurs only to post the same old chord bangin, no melody or hook 3 note riff shite that passes for "real" music these days.

The Dead South (YouTube). Future Islands (Jools Holland). Slow Readers Club (recommendation). To name 3 current bands that are slightly under the radar.

No posing here, I don't glue myself to the radio. Hear a song, hunt it down, buy the album.

This debate again. Just stick to your Floyd and Roses and let the younger generation carry on innovating (admittedly at a slower rate with less exposure).

People slating 2019 music as if the 90’s wasn’t full of the Spice Girls and Take That. There’s always been crap pop.

People slating 2019 music as if the 90’s wasn’t full of the Spice Girls and Take That. There’s always been crap pop.

It’s the lack of anything good though that’s the problem.

The 90’s had infinitely better options.

Take that back. The Spice Girls were mostly decent and occasionally excellent - no Sugababes, though.

Take that back. The Spice Girls were mostly decent and occasionally excellent - no Sugababes, though.

They really weren’t. 2 Become 1 is a beautiful song but that’s it. Baby was the only absolute stunner. Still is.

Belle & Sebastian, the Super Furry Animals and The Coral get lots of play on my phone. People who grew up in the 70’s probably hate them.

Blame the invention of the mp3, If you are an artist or a record company why would you plough money into production and song writing when you see little or zero return when someone down loads it illegally.

Also the filter on quality that makes it out to Joe public is gone, releasing something on cd or pressing it on vinyl cost money back in the day. You don’t have that cost as a record company anymore so anything and everything gets released in hope that someone will stream it on Spotify hence why the standards of what is out there to listen to has dropped.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.