WWE at the M.E.N. Arena

Kinkysboots said:
Damocles said:
Yeah, I guess those 4 foot falls they regularly take are CG'ed in.

I like wrestling, I've liked it all my life. I appreciate the athleticism of it, the showmanship of it, and the storylines are fun. It's Coronation Street with chair shots and fighting, how can you NOT like it?

If thats the kind of entertainment you like then fair enough we are all different. The problem I have is that is goes under the heading of sport and has sky sports coverage. It is NOT sport, when the outcome of an event is pre determined and is rehearsed prior to taking place how the hell can that be sport. Its entertainment(for children in my opinion) and should be considered as such. Ive got nothing against proper wrestling by the way.

-- Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:29 pm --

Banned Tosspot said:
It's quite hilarious how some call wrestling for being fake but spend money on sci fi movies.

They're not real either ya know.
Sci-fi movies dont get coverage on sky sports though do they!!
Is it my fault it does. I don't think it should be on a sports channel either, along with darts.

Get over it.

Banned Tosspot said:
Kinkysboots said:
If thats the kind of entertainment you like then fair enough we are all different. The problem I have is that is goes under the heading of sport and has sky sports coverage. It is NOT sport, when the outcome of an event is pre determined and is rehearsed prior to taking place how the hell can that be sport. Its entertainment(for children in my opinion) and should be considered as such. Ive got nothing against proper wrestling by the way.

Is it my fault it does. I don't think it should be on a sports channel either, along with darts.

Get over it.
My minds not what it was, I forget saying it was your fault, my apologies.<br /><br />-- Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:50 pm --<br /><br />
Bluemoon115 said:
You're forgetting that sports chanels also have shows on Darts, pool, snooker and fishing, so it's not the only disputable show on there.
We can all argue on what merits an actual sport and which sports are better than others but the ones you have mentioned involve competition and fairness but rehearsed scripted crap like wwe is entertainment. You wouldnt have the x factor or emmerdale on sky sports would you!

Kinkysboots said:
Damocles said:
Yeah, I guess those 4 foot falls they regularly take are CG'ed in.

I like wrestling, I've liked it all my life. I appreciate the athleticism of it, the showmanship of it, and the storylines are fun. It's Coronation Street with chair shots and fighting, how can you NOT like it?

Banned Tosspot said:
It's quite hilarious how some call wrestling for being fake but spend money on sci fi movies.

They're not real either ya know.

Sky sports news is used as advertisement for events on Sky all the time. Wrestling isn't a sport no but I'll bet not many wrestling fans aren't sports fans in general so it's no surprise to see Sky box office events advertised for free the day before on SSN, Murdoch would be stupid not to advertise it.

Things that aren't on Sky including sports get precious little coverage on SSN it's not an impartial and inclusive sports news station it's an arm of Murdoch's empire and should be treated as such. Some of the girls on it are well fit though.

Sky have jumped on the money making from the WWE. All these live PPVs they do sell they are all on PPV at £15 a pop. All the young kids love the shit and its a way of getting the kids to get there Ma or Das to fork out money for this shit as all the kids are watching it.

Prefer TNA myself, WWE went downhill as soon as it went PG, or when it decided to put the belts on Cena and Batista.

i took my 8 yr old lad 2 yrs ago to m.e.n to watch it,got 2 tickets so me and the missus drew straws as to who would take him to watch that shite and i drew the short straw.Anyway went and what a brilliant nights entertainment it was,yes its all fake shite but it is entertaining

I think its fair to say that "most" wrestlers are incredible athletes and arnt athletes sportsmen. Its a form of sport imho.
I know of a lot of mixed martial artists at the top level who have turned vince down to join the wwe because they are of the opinion that its an incredibley hard "entertainment sport" to do. Even for a lot more money than they earn fighting for real.

MMA said:
I think its fair to say that "most" wrestlers are incredible athletes and arnt athletes sportsmen. Its a form of sport imho.
I know of a lot of mixed martial artists at the top level who have turned vince down to join the wwe because they are of the opinion that its an incredibley hard "entertainment sport" to do. Even for a lot more money than they earn fighting for real.

Ken Shamrock done a stint of both MMA and Pro Wrestling at 1 time. He is a legend of the MMA world but for him to do Pro Wrestling it must of been big money.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.