Wycombe (H) - EFL Cup R3 | Post-Match Thread

Some paranoid negative people on here instead of saying pep won’t play them again or pep is taking the piss about the crowd just enjoy the fact we started the game with 6 youth team players and introduced another 2 more . It’s what we’ve all wanted for years and it was a joy to watch

and for what it’s worth with peps comments after the game I genuinely think he realised how much everybody there enjoyed that performance

I can't tell you when it happened during the last season, and its weird because obviously we only got to watch it happen on TV, but Foden has become our best and most important player. I'm very excited to watch him and Grealish get a proper run of games together. Sterling is doing everything right except scoring, I hope he comes good and shuts up some of his quite vocal critics. Hard to tell against that opposition, but some pretty decent prospects in the academy.

And as a very boring side note, some of the teething problems from the concourse bars seem to be getting better. Staff seem more happy and confident, and are working in the same spots. Nice evening of football, nice weather, home by half ten, all good.

None of the young players disgraced themselves tonight - far from it. Wilson-Esbrand the pick of them for me with Luke Mbete not far behind. Thought Lavia was excellent too. Hopefully, given our lack of depth at left back that's given Perp something to think about. Phil, MotM for me. Looked as though he never been away. I know it's only Wycombe (no disrespect to them), but a really enjoyable game, capped off by a special goal from Cole Palmer. I'd have loved to see McAtee playing in his more usual role. Only Pep could play him at left back :-). £12.50 well spent for me.

I will annoy even more people with this then. It was a very Pogba-like performance IMO, some brilliant balls when he was in acres of space but a lot of the game just passed him by.

He is supposed to be our best player and was shown up massively by Foden tonight, that is the sort of performance I expect from him (and Mahrez).

??

KDB is just coming back from injury and needs match fitness and you want him to run the game and score more goals
boy we have really lost the plot if beating a championship side 6.1 with half the team making their first game for city

give your head a wobble

A very entertaining game.

The left back and Foden have played themselves into the team on Saturday, KDB and Mahrez have played themselves out of it for me.

The two centre halves lookes very composed against a very tough forward physically so hopefully they can be relied upon if needed in the next couple of weeks.

Oh dear. What sport do you normally watch?

Fortunately Pep can see the bigger picture. Kev is coming back from injury & is likely to be a bit rusty but he had a decent game tonight whilst also marshalling a lot of kids (all of whom were excellent & have the City DNA & played the City way - hahaha eat your heart out OGS)

What a marvellous display. Foden was peerless, absolutely ran the show. The kid on the left had a great game as did the 90 central midfielder. Cole Palmer looked class even before his goal. The keeper played well. Mahrez was in Harlem Globetrotters mode - what a talent he is on his day. As usual Sterling was the major disappointment.

Just back from the game and I have to say I really enjoyed that. Very entertaining game, both sets of fans in great voice - hats off to the Wycombe fans who never stopped singing.

I really enjoyed watching the young lads - I don’t even know who most of them are but I was really impressed with the two centre backs and the left back, and then McAtee and Palmer really looked the part.

Foden was immense. It’s so good to have him back.

Palmer reminds me of Wanchope if Wanchope was able to control his own body. Left back was the pick of the bunch for me but Mbete also had a good game. One particular moment near the end of the games was impressive. He was under pressure from the attacker and the ball came to him with a weird bounce. Instead of flailing a leg at it he calmly faked the defender and passed it back to Steffen

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.