Wycombe (H) - EFL Cup R3 | Post-Match Thread

He is supposed to be our best player and was shown up massively by Foden tonight, that is the sort of performance I expect from him (and Mahrez).

I see where you are coming from.Kev has had an injury ridden 12-18 months, he is 29, and IMHO at times we have looked better without than with him.

For me he has a bit to prove at the mo.

that said tho, I think he will do the proving

My days Palmer is some talent. Loads of positives. Plenty of work for the first teamers who played. Kids all did very well. Foden brilliant but Raz ran his arse off second half-it will come for him.
I hope so but highly doubt it, it was Wycombe, no way he starts the next 3 games.

I will annoy even more people with this then. It was a very Pogba-like performance IMO, some brilliant balls when he was in acres of space but a lot of the game just passed him by.

He is supposed to be our best player and was shown up massively by Foden tonight, that is the sort of performance I expect from him (and Mahrez).

Fucking behave you WUM...

What's wrong?

Weren't you breast fed?

JJ

Don't worry about Kev. The machine is starting to crank up. Standby for some big games from him in the next week.
Couldn’t agree more, 90 mins of running his bollocks off, he needed a full match under his belt which I was surprised he was given. Great game and Kevin more that contributed to it.
Oh and no injuries as well so fuck off Wycombe with your 6 points points when we were shit it’s a different world now. Thank fuck.

Loved the game tonight, just got back. Sort the bleeding roadworks out! They’re everywhere at the moment!

Started a bit flat and nervously as you’d expect with new players bedding in, but we were unlucky to concede a scabby goal from a corner, following a game of pinball in the box.

Then on about 20 minutes, Phillip Walter Foden thought “fuck this, time to run the game” and totally destroyed Wycombe on his own. An unbelievable midfield maestro display.

Thought all the youngsters did well. Loved Wilson-Esbrand’s performance the most. His positional sense and attacking movement were both superb and he’s pretty rapid. Once he learns to slow his movement down before crossing, he’ll be a first team squad member.

Burns and Mbete did well against the bulk of Akinfenwa and the pace of their number 18, who impressed me with his speed in pressing as well as attacking. Guess he has to press for 2 players when playing with Akinfenwa. He held the ball up well and flicked balls on decently, but I’m not sure I’ve seen an outfield player run less during a game. Burns reminded me of Stones.

Lavia was very, very good at linking play and mopping up balls. Thought he was slightly fortunate to stay on the pitch after his two fouls. The first one looked like he was pushed and overbalanced, but could have been a straight red on another day. Not seen it back though.

Palmer is silky smooth and has David Silva-esque pirouettes in his locker. Nice finish for his goal too.

McAtee did ok at left back, but the game was done and glad he got on and made his debut.

Egan-Riley did a very good inverted right back role. Nothing outstanding, but all the defenders usage of the ball was excellent.

TL;DR Great game, youngsters did really well.
Great post, said the same to my mates at the game about Palmer moving like David, 50% as good will do.

Not sure whether anybody noticed when maybe 15 minutes into the game when their weirdo manager throw the ball to Pep for a throw in as though to say I’m not scared of you get on with the game.
Pep threw it back to him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.