Wycombe (H) - EFL Cup R3 | Post-Match Thread

Last night literally proves nothing where games against Prem opposition are concerned.For the first 20 mins,we could barely put a decent attacking pass together.
Grealish operates in tight spaces,he plays exquisite intricate balls and retains possession better than anyone - he is one of the first names on the sheet as he is perfect for our play.
Our team hasnt even got going yet,players arent properly fit and they are still working on best tactics.

Your opinion is very premature.
Dont be obsessed with other peoples opinion, your opinion not convincinf either as you said he can operate tight spaces and retains possession which is not true.
Foden and mahrez are better operating tight spaces, speader, and play with intensity. Time will tell the truth, the season is just beginning lets wait.
i hope he plays well and wish him for the best but in my opinion foden and mahrez should start ahead of him.

Dont be obsessed with other peoples opinion, your opinion not convincinf either as you said he can operate tight spaces and retains possession which is not true.
Foden and mahrez are better operating tight spaces, speader, and play with intensity. Time will tell the truth, the season is just beginning lets wait.
i hope he plays well and wish him for the best but in my opinion foden and mahrez should start ahead of him.
I'm still convinced that you've mistaken Jack Grealish for someone else if you really think that's true.

Did you mean Grealish or is that a mistake? Strange post if so.
I think we are better without Grealish putting high balls into the opposition box for our 3ft 8 forwards to not get anywhere near. He will be excellent when he shows more patience and learns how we play. I don’t think he is totally playing to our strengths yet. It will come. We’ll see a lot better from him as he gets used to us and the patience needed to play how we play.

I think we are better without Grealish putting high balls into the opposition box for our 3ft 8 forwards to not get anywhere near. He will be excellent when he shows more patience and learns how we play. I don’t think he is totally playing to our strengths yet. It will come. We’ll see a lot better from him as he gets used to us and the patience needed to play how we play.
This isn’t just a Grealish problem, loads of our players do it

Really enjoyed the game. The LB looked ace, and Lavia in CM looked brill too. Everyone looked good, but those two stood out for me

Reflecting on that beautiful scoreline, my first thought was how clever Pep’s team section was. The back 5 were all academy starlets used to playing with one another, and going forward it was our first team stars. The combination worked perfectly.

I then must complement the academy machine. I dream of the day where the majority of our first team are from the academy. After watching last night, I don’t believe that dream is fanciful. The youngsters are so well drilled coming through the age groups, that it is second nature for them to play the way the first team plays.

Finally, special mention to Phil. He is a role model for the younger players. He has crossed the bridge to the first team, and this must be so motivating to players like Palmer, McAtee, Mbete etc.

All up a fantastic night. I felt reinvigorated after that game, and I think it has given the entire squad, and fans, a lift prior to the challenges in the next three games.

I have to say I was worried when I saw the line-up with a whole new back line but, hands up, they proved me wrong. Controlled the midfield well, I thought, and Palmer's goal at the end was the icing on the cake, a thing of beauty (though not as good as Phil's, probably).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.