Wycombe (H) - EFL Cup R3 | Post-Match Thread

The inexperienced five seemed to have the requisite skills, but one never knows how they would do in a senior game against experienced professionals. They looked good. Their overall displays were more exciting than the goals.
Yeah, I agree with both of your comments.

I was just trying to add a few more things to what you said: Pep did "strange" things like that in so many matches for so many years. It's weird, strange, and nervous for fans (because we have no clue about football or about our players), but it's exciting. He sells top world-class players (Ronaldinho, Toure) while promoted division 2 players to first-team (Pedro, Busquets, etc.), prioritizes a GK with good feet instead of just good hands, make a middle field player play as a Left back, make a Right back play as a middle field, no strikers, invert 4-4-2, played without DMC, win more by running less (not to mention about what he said last year, Pep's Bayern was top of the table when run least in their league), etc.

And the team loses sometimes with those decisions, but also wins so many times. But then, whenever it went wrong, nobody remembers decisions like that won so many games; so many people suddenly become football manager who's better than the best. It was just sadly funny that I decide don't watch "pundits" anymore, skip tactic discussion by fans, and consider journalists are not clickbait reporters.

Last edited:
Yeah, I agree with both of your comments.

I was just trying to add a few more things to what you said: Pep did "strange" things like that in so many matches for so many years. It's weird, strange, and nervous for fans (because we have no clue about football or about our players), but it's exciting. He sells top world-class players (Ronaldinho, Toure) while promoted division 2 players to first-team (Pedro, Busquets, etc.), prioritizes a GK with good feet instead of just good hands, make a middle field player play as a Left back, make a Right back play as a middle field, no strikers, invert 4-4-2, played without DMC, win more by running less (not to mention about what he said last year, Pep's Bayern was top of the table when run least in their league), etc.

And the team loses sometimes with those decisions, but also wins so many times. But then, whenever it went wrong, nobody remembers decisions like that won so many games; so many people suddenly become football manager who's better than the best. It was just sadly funny that I decide don't watch "pundits" anymore, skip tactic discussion by fans, and consider journalists are not clickbait reporters.
I think it was Mendy's second year when Guardiola asked Mendy to carry to the ball into the half space, as Cancelo is doing now. It actually worked, but it was a sight to behold with Mendy's limited skillset. That year, of course, was the sublime comeback against Liverpool. Six seasons on with Guardiola and more to come, I have learned to stop worrying and love the constant adaptation, innovation and vacillation. One thing is certain that the next guy will be less successful, by a large margin.

Really enjoyed the game for some reason it felt old school might if been the small crowd, but could someone tell me why on 75 mins ish all the phone lights came on was very strange

at 39 I doubt he fits our buying profile...................but if we generate enough on line interest the rage will pay £30m and pay him £250k a week - I doubt the Beast will be unhappy with that Indian summer to his career lol
Said he wouldn't come cus of Ake or was it Aki?

whenever I see anything about Akinfenwa he always comes across as a decent guy

took my 5 yr old son to his first game here on Tuesday to test the waters. He absolutely loved it! Nice 6 - 1 thriller to ease him into it.

the mrs even enjoyed it (who isn’t into football).
Akinfenwa was class coming to the city fans and having pictures and signing stuff.

foden is magical ! Can’t wait to he’s back at 100% because honestly every time he had the ball he got things moving.
Great game to watch and really enjoyed it. The back 4 although looked abit shaken at times did well to handle the big lad upfront.

I drove to the stadium this time round due to it being late, and parked my car down the road for a fiver in a dodgey car park. Spent half the game worrying about the car! Luckily it appears all legit and just a place making abit of money !
Happy days

Bit late perhaps but I thought I'd post this, as a football fan (rather than simply a City supporter, for once). Because I just think it's a terrific photo. Needless to say, I wouldn't have thought it was so ‘terrific’ if the result hadn't been what it was. Got it off Wycombe's forum, if anyone's interested.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.