Wycombe (H) - EFL Cup R3 - Tue 21 Sep 19:45 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just looking at our injured players list! What the Fook do we keep doing to have so many injured or just coming back from injury. Every season

I would play Saturdays team if my choice & get the game over before changing it. They all have a lot to do from Saturdays game.
Too much football. We play more games than everybody else, then our players are sent off to play international football over the summer, giving our players no rest or any discernible preseason.

We had more players in the knockout section of the Euros than any other club. It’s not a coincidence.

Last summer, we played the CL in late August and had to start the season a few weeks later. No preseason again. Notice a pattern?

I wonder how many will be there tonight after the comedy shitshow v Southampton. Pep moaning he wanted support there, then they turn out that drivel.
If we cannot win tonight, start worrying.
We got 37k against Southampton in the 4th round 2 seasons ago.

30k would be OK imo given a few are put off by Covid and there's a big difference between Wycombe and Premier league opponents.

Too much football. We play more games than everybody else, then our players are sent off to play international football over the summer, giving our players no rest or any discernible preseason.

We had more players in the knockout section of the Euros than any other club. It’s not a coincidence.

Last summer, we played the CL in late August and had to start the season a few weeks later. No preseason again. Notice a pattern?
Yep, downside of having so many internationals is the number of injuries we have when they come back or shortly after due to no rest whatsoever.

Yep, downside of having so many internationals is the number of injuries we have when they come back or shortly after due to no rest whatsoever.
Yup indeed..

Add to what you describe the fact that we've also been handed the toughest start to this season's fixture list of all the main contenders (5 of last season's top finishers, 4 of whom away, in this opening period) while trying to get the squad fit and up-and-running.

No wonder Pep is mithered by all the demands on the squad.

Same as last year. Let's hope we can keep pace with the sides at the top and be in touching distance points wise at Christmas.

I said after the West Brom game in December that 'if we can stay in touch and get everyone fit, by the end of January it might look a lot different.. watch this squad fly', in response to the Doom Merchants on the match day forum here! (and those lurking Red and Scouse Filth johnnies who love to post when things aren't going well for us!). Things certainly did change, didn't they?!

C'mon Lads.. a good win tonight and then let's focus on Saturday's task!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.