Wycombe (H) - EFL Cup R3 - Tue 21 Sep 19:45 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wycombe will be fancying it now!
Really ?

Why do you think that ?

Is it because we dropped 2 points in a disappointing home draw against a well drilled team ?

We are the champions of England, have won this competition regularly and with all due respect are playing a league 1 team at home.

Do you really think Wycombe will be fancying themselves to beat us based on us drawing one all at home to Southampton ?

I would think they'd be looking at the 5 we put past Norwich and Arsenal and the 6 we scored against Leipzig as more of a benchmark as to what they will be up against even though the team will most probably be much changed..

Of course they may beat us, who knows but to suggest that they will be fancying beating us is well off the mark..

I love winning any trophy but let's be honest, we are the only side that takes this cup seriously.
Our players looked tired yesterday, no point flogging them again in this game.
Play the kids and the senior players who need the game time after injury.

Really ?

Why do you think that ?

Is it because we dropped 2 points in a disappointing home draw against a well drilled team ?

We are the champions of England, have won this competition regularly and with all due respect are playing a league 1 team at home.

Do you really think Wycombe will be fancying themselves to beat us based on us drawing one all at home to Southampton ?

I would think they'd be looking at the 5 we put past Norwich and Arsenal and the 6 we scored against Leipzig as more of a benchmark as to what they will be up against even though the team will most probably be much changed..

Of course they may beat us, who knows but to suggest that they will be fancying beating us is well off the mark..
I guess the exclamation mark wasn't enough. I should have put a ;-) instead. My bad.

I love winning any trophy but let's be honest, we are the only side that takes this cup seriously.
Our players looked tired yesterday, no point flogging them again in this game.
Play the kids and the senior players who need the game time after injury.
Completely agree. It's a trophy that should be fourth on our list of priorities. Besides, I'm confident the kids are talented enough to get the job.

Delap? If we are going to play with a centre-forward then we need to find one who can play this role.

Completely agree. It's a trophy that should be fourth on our list of priorities. Besides, I'm confident the kids are talented enough to get the job.

I'll actually stick my neck out here: if we play the lads, they'll get the job done, and comfortably.
If we play the senior team, we'll go out, and it'll be one of the biggest league cup shocks of all time.

City have a chance at creating even more history by becoming the only team to win this cup five times in a row, no matter what it's called these days, the league cup is seen as the lowest cup to.win, the low prize money as well deters teams from giving it a decent pop. It may be on borrowed time but if we can win it for a fifth time, then in 20/30 years time when the grandkids are flicking through the wikipedia pages, they'll see Manchester City winning it for a big old chunk of time.... 'Grandpa, did City have a really good side then?' 'You could say that, yes we did.'

MCFC, rewriting the history books of yesterday, today and the internet pages of tomorrow. Enjoy it everyone, this won't last forever.

Completely agree. It's a trophy that should be fourth on our list of priorities.
Although fourth on our list I still think we should go and try to win it.
We may only have 2 more years in which we can qualify this competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.