Wycombe (H) - EFL Cup R3 - Tue 21 Sep 19:45 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could not care less about the League Cup this season. We seem to give it too much weight. Play the kids and give them game time.
Wrong attitude. This is a chance to develop players and experiment with systems and get back on track. Chelsea look formidable. We need to keep growing as a club and that means winning trophies.

ok, i think we've made our point pretyy well in the League Cup this last few years, maybe we should prioritise Chelsea away.

still think we'll see a half decent team, Foden getting 45 would be good though and Kev either desperately needs game time or a boot up the arse. I can never tell with these early season Pep teams if the players need more fitness due to lack of pre seasons or more time off due to no summer break.

Might as well play the full Academy team plus Carson, Mahrez and Sterling. Dias and Cancelo should definitely not be involved.

Which senior players would you start. Pep seems to have ruled out almost everyone.

I would play Sterling, Foden and KDB. Maybe not for 90 mins. But if they play they have to be intense and not coast. City need to do the basics well so if we are playing senior players, their attitude must be spot on.

Think Fernandinho Ferran Sterling foden Steffen and Ake will start it’s tough to see who will play at fullbacks as in Walker and Cancelo do need a rest..

Which senior players would you start. Pep seems to have ruled out almost everyone.

I would play Sterling, Foden and KDB. Maybe not for 90 mins. But if they play they have to be intense and not coast. City need to do the basics well so if we are playing senior players, their attitude must be spot on.

think i'd leave out Grealish, Bernardo, Gundogan, Dias, Walker, Cancelo & Ederson as definites.

dont mind if KDB and Foden get minutes, nor Mahrez, Sterling, Torres, Dinho (unless Rodri is crocked for Chelsea), Ake, Zinchenko etc. Prioritise the first two for coming off. Got a big squad, use it. I dont think Stones, Rodri or Laporte will be risked but Laporte might get some minutes if fit.

Could not care less about the League Cup this season. We seem to give it too much weight. Play the kids and give them game time.
It's five wins to Wembley and six wins to a trophy, and to break the record for the longest winning run in League Cup history. I hope we go hell for leather for it every single season. It's a great bit of silverware and it gives us a mid-season boost to go on and achieve our targets in May.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.