Wycombe (H) - EFL Cup R3 - Tue 21 Sep 19:45 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
And could have played and won or lost 5-0. We played poorly. It wasn’t because we didn’t play the kids.
No, I'm just suggesting that the kids have been playing the game at a higher pace than what we saw on Saturday from the fellahs! Mind, we usually get a much better pace than they delivered v. Soton, just one of those sloppy, games that we can deliver once in a while.

So there’s no hope then. I remember we started with real pace….scored in the first 15 minutes….dominated and went on to destroy teams. Game was usually over by halftime. Happy days.
Saturday could turn out to be the West Brom home game of last season if we go on and win 3 times next week.

We had no hope in October of last year and look where that got us.

No, I'm just suggesting that the kids have been playing the game at a higher pace than what we saw on Saturday from the fellahs! Mind, we usually get a much better pace than they delivered v. Soton, just one of those sloppy, games that we can deliver once in a while.
Yeah, it’s frustrating. When a side is struggling though, not many managers would try to fix it with kids.

We are getting to the point where Palmer and McAtee need to play for their own careers. Hopefully we can integrate them more into the first team this season.

Hopefully we'll get a look tomorrow.
Effin Akinfenway said on the OS that Wycombe might not see much of the ball. I wonder if it's written in the stars that he scores the winning pen! The trouble with these starting elevens is that they've probably never had a practice game and it takes the first half to get their bearings. Hope tomorrow is an exception.

I hope Delap starts and performs so well that he makes the bench vs Chelsea, if not for the sole reason of sending him on to deal with that thug rudiger. After the game is firmly in hands of course ;)

Id play Lavia for starters in this...time to see if he can make the first step...with no Gundo or Rodri he has to rest Ferna so for me he Lavia has to start.

If Delap is fit id play him as well - jesus needs a rest so Mahrez out ont he rigth side and sterling needs to play his way into form so get him on the pitch.

Dias and Cancello arent going to play according to Pep so Ake must start but who plays centre half alongside him considering Stones and Laporte are both injured?

Foden will most likely start Im guessing.

You really think that the introduction of eager young players would have made no difference on Saturday?
Yes. We weren't playing an EDS team. We were against a very well marshalled and experienced Premier League team. Id prefer to bring on Foden, Mahrez and DeBruyne who are world class players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.