Wycombe (H) - EFL Cup R3 - Tue 21 Sep 19:45 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing the kids, or not playing the kids?
The way I see it is that we can talk up Delap, Palmer, etc as much as we like but if they cannot get into the team for this entry round of the League Cup against Division 1 opposition, then forget them playing getting anywhere near the 1st team this season. This is the perfect opportunity.

Looking forward to watching the EDS step up.

We beat Bournemouth last season with Bernabe, Garcia, Harwood-Bellis, Doyle & Delap in the starting line up - so pretty sure at least five will start.

I'd like to see Mbete, Lavia, Palmer, McAtee and Delap as a minimum.

Is this going to be available to watch tonight at all? Checked sky and its norwich v liverpool by the looks of it.

It's all set up for a "giant killing", this one, I think, with the big games we've got coming up and limited availability of players. I suspect we will have to play lots of kids rather than the usual second string.

Can we all agree beforehand that if we lose this game the sky is not falling in and it's a cloud with a silver lining?

I'll go on record now as saying i'm treating this as nothing more than an a great opportunity/experience for our young talent.If they get the win,which with composure they are very capable of,that's icing on the cake.

In the grand scheme of things,treating this comp as a bit of a bonus is probably not a bad thing.We need to be concentrating more on the big one,again.

It's all set up for a "giant killing", this one, I think, with the big games we've got coming up and limited availability of players. I suspect we will have to play lots of kids rather than the usual second string.

Can we all agree beforehand that if we lose this game the sky is not falling in and it's a cloud with a silver lining?
Can't see it

The under 23's are brushing aside teams like this in the Papa Johns Trophy so combine the best of them with 5 or 6 first teamers should see us having more than enough

I'll go on record now as saying i'm treating this as nothing more than an a great opportunity/experience for our young talent.If they get the win,which with composure they are very capable of,that's icing on the cake.

In the grand scheme of things,treating this comp as a bit of a bonus is probably not a bad thing.We need to be concentrating more on the big one,again.
Agree mate. It's going to be a long, hard, challenging season, this one, and Pep might actually be sensible to do more like some of his rivals and prioritise the league and the Champions League. I think our focus on the domestic trophies, whilst it's put some nice silverware on the table, has arguably cost us the Champions League through stretching the squad at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.