X-Factor 2011

don't watch it but could anyone please tell me if janet is still in it?

Freestyler said:
ban-mcfc said:
don't watch it but could anyone please tell me if janet is still in it?

she is.

cheers mate.

if she doesn't win it's bollocks. I still won't watch it though unless there is nothing else on.

while some feel The X Factor has become too powerful, Noel Gallagher said he did not agree.

"It's just a TV show, people take that too seriously," he said.

This is going to sound crazy but if the music business was inhabited by more people like him (Simon Cowell) it would be in a better place because he's brutally honest”

"It has got nothing whatsoever to do with finding talent. You're not telling me Louis Walsh is a barometer for talent? Come on, with the best will in the world."

But he admitted he loved watching the show with his 11-year-old daughter.

"It's a shared family experience. She loves it and I love it because I get to vent my spleen. It's nothing to do with music."

But Gallagher does allow the programme to use his songs, and admitted he was happy to accept the royalties.

"I'll give you one word - or rather a noise. Kerching! I've got to keep the Mrs in shoes."

He also defended the show against people who were annoyed that the winner of The X Factor tends to take the Christmas number one spot.

"Somebody said to me, 'Oh it's spoiled the Christmas number one', and I was like 'that's such a cultural thing to look forward to wasn't it?' Little plastic furry things singing, come on, I'm not having that."

But he said he has drawn the line at being a judge and turned down Simon Cowell when he was asked.

"He called me up and he said he needed an alpha male to replace him... and he pushed and pushed for a while... but I was never going to say yes.

"All my mates were going, 'You've got to do it' and I was like it's eight months and I can't have these people round my house crying in the kitchen."

He admitted his daughter Anais has never forgiven him for turning the offer down.

"I'll never forget her face, the little veins were popping out on the side of her head and she thrust her face into me and [she shouted] 'But it's The X Factor!' It was like something out of The Exorcist."

He said she was more impressed with the thought of him appearing in The X Factor than his fame with Oasis, and it sounds like she may have taken after her outspoken father.

"We were watching X Factor the other night and I was saying 'Get off, you're rubbish' and she leant over and said, 'Well you could have told him that yourself.'"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.