XFL Football

Does it have the one with the women in bikinis then I’m in

Try outs are this Saturday mate.......

a3943818521_5.jpg

From the thing i read yesterday the WWE style of the first incarnation was its biggest turn off for fans. Personally i'm not sure how you can have a legitimate sporting event that is linked to a the Wrestling which is more theater than sport. Haven't seen it yet though.

chnaged it completely this time so first weekend people seem generally favourable.

wonder if it’s on in the uk

Whats the difference between NFL and XFL?
The XFL play clock is shorter
The NFL features a 40-second play clock, giving the offensive coordinator time to radio a play into the quarterback. Conversely, it gives the defense time to set up in the right scheme or formation. The XFL plans to shave 15 seconds in favor of a 25-second time frame.

Bamboozled I am, I'd like to go to an NFL game in the US and a baseball game but either hasn't grabbed me on the TV yet.

The rule changes are certainly interesting and sensible, both in terms of incentivising attacking risk and minimising unnecessary injury.

I watched part of a couple games, seattle losing with QB tossing two picks late, then a bit of the game on after that. The actual football was ok but the way they were trying to get a player or coach interview after nearly every play was bugging me, but won't give it a swerve just yet.
the extra point rule is novel and has merit in it's own way. more exciting than just %95 one point kicks.
-The extra point kick was replaced with a scrimmage play, varying in point value depending on how far the touchdown-scoring team chooses to take the snap from the goal line: a two-yard attempt scores a single point, a five-yard attempt two points, and a ten-yard attempt three points.

Its NFL on a strict stopwatch mate so its non stop.

Last 2 mins of each quarter sees the clock stopped regardless after each play to get more action in and the focus is on high speed, high points scoring action.

Sure its not NFL standard but from what i watched yesterday it was really and enjoyable watch and its their 20/20 which the crowd seemingly loved.

you know those guys who go on dragons den who dismiss the advice of the dragons??

It’s a passion McMahon clearly can’t let go... now if he could get some NFL accreditation, that’s a different story, however, the lack of long term commercial investment will see its demise like the first outing!

If they want to make it more interesting and competitive why not follow the CFL and make the field longer, wider and have three downs instead of four?
Make it about the sport and not just a vehicle to sell advertising space.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.