Xmas bonus baby! Oh yeah!

blue b4 the moon said:
Charitable organisation ....... Good luck to you but shouldn't the donations go to the cause they were donated for?

Bonuses in NFP's are pretty rare, but not unheard of. To be successful, even an NFP has to employ the best people available to generate as much support, awareness and funds for their given cause. To do this they have to pay people to work there, this is generally accepted. Why then, when the organisation is achieving its goals, should those people not be rewarded?

If there were sufficient numbers of people, willing to give up their time for free to deliver the organisations goals then we wouldn't need to pay anyone working for a Charity, but there aren't, so what is your proposed solution.

Assuming that you are in the USA (moston to Boston gives it away)

A 501(c) tax-exempt organization may award a bonus to an employee if the employee's total compensation package:

1. Is established by an independent board of directors or by an independent compensation committee;
2. Is reasonable in terms of the employee's specialty and geographic locale;
3. The result of arms' length bargaining;
4. Includes a ceiling or reasonable maximum;
5. Does not have the potential to reduce the charitable services or benefits the organization would otherwise provide;
6. Takes into account measures of the employee's performance;
7. Keeps the organization within budget without charging more for services;
8. Does not transform the principal activity of the organization into a joint venture between it and the employee;
9. Is not merely a device to distribute all or a portion of the organization's profits to persons who are in control of the organization;
10. Serves a real and discernable business purpose of the exempt organization;
11. Does not result in abuse or unwarranted benefits; and
12. Rewards the employee based on services the employee actually performs.

Not knowing exactly how this decision was made I would hazard a guess that your bonus fails under points 1, 5, 6, 9, 10 and 12.

I am sure that you will do the right thing though and must no someone (as you work) for a charity who will benefit from some of your luck of getting free cash over this festive period.

;)

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.acc.com/legalresources/quickcounsel/aebiano.cfm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.acc.com/legalresources/quick ... ebiano.cfm</a>

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Had a staff meeting (I'm manager) today and my boss was there.
She detailed our annual ''salary reserve''. We don't get a raise each year as we are a not for profit company (in short, a charitable organisation) but if there is enough money at the end of the year we get a one off bonus of around 2.5% of our salary, back dated from 1st July. Last year I got $600 (maybe 400 quid)
At the end of the meeting my boss said ''I need to speak to you on your own'' and I thought ''oh, she is going to kick off about me watching the Roma v City game at work..... or every City game at work......''

Anyway, she said that the board members had decided as well as the salary reserve, managers would get an extra one off bonus that in 20 years they had never had! My arse suddenly dropped from being bollocked from skiving work to watch the City game to one of interest......
Then the cash registers started ringing in my eyes as she said ''$2000''

So as well as the back dated 2.5% from July, I get the $2000 too in Friday's pay. Yeah baby!

Heaven knows I'm not miserable now :)

We were all alright before yer came on, yer cnut. It needs sharing out with double shares for the FOCs in 323!

Why oh why do people come on here bragging about money?
It's just Harry Enfield's Loads a'money in real life.
And as boorish.

jacko74 said:
So lets just get this straight... you've got such a tough job that you're able to sit around and watch every City game in work time, yet you still get a $2,400 bonus?

Let me take a wild guess that you do something in i.t.??

Makes me wonder how some companies stay in business

Not jealous, at all!

Ha ha. I'm the manager of a residential home for 6 young adults with 'issues'.
When a game is on, I simply commandeer the TV, er, I mean spend time talking with each individual in the lounge area, showing sympathy and understanding of their issues in between shouting ''Come on City'' every two minutes....
It is a challenging job, especially when colleagues plan meetings when a game is on and I have to try and convince them that it should be held at another time......

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
jacko74 said:
So lets just get this straight... you've got such a tough job that you're able to sit around and watch every City game in work time, yet you still get a $2,400 bonus?

Let me take a wild guess that you do something in i.t.??

Makes me wonder how some companies stay in business

Not jealous, at all!

Ha ha. I'm the manager of a residential home for 6 young adults with 'issues'.
When a game is on, I simply commandeer the TV, er, I mean spend time talking with each individual in the lounge area, showing sympathy and understanding of their issues in between shouting ''Come on City'' every two minutes....
It is a challenging job, especially when colleagues plan meetings when a game is on and I have to try and convince them that it should be held at another time......

Hats off to you for the job you do. And great news about your bonus enjoy every single cent of it :)

Nice one MES, we are getting all sorts of bonuses at the moment too, working Black Weekend £150, extra days up to Christmas £300 and loyalty bonus at the end of Jan £200. It all helps especially at this time of year.
Keep up the hard work, God knows you deserve it, and keep on sneaking in those City games, on lots of hopefully quiet shifts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.