Xmas Pudding.

leighton

The first time ever I have made this. I dont even like pudding but the mother got onto me giving it the sob story of Xmas not being Xmas if there is no Xmas Pudding. I said that Xmas wouldnt be Xmas if there was no turkey and ham.

So I ended up doing the Xmas pudding I laced the thing with booze. A HALF a pint of Guinness and small glass of whiskey and all the fruit and bingo it was done. Left the mixture last night to soak up the booze went to it this morning to bake it the smell of the booze. I wont be in the kitchen when they put a match to it.

Is there anyone else out there baking there own Xmas pudding this year? Or do you just buy it in. I think this year I will be having a taste of it since I made the fucking thing it better be nice.

My Auntie used to make it alothough it would usually be dry. They're miles cheaper (and easier to buy). Got a cheap on from Aldi last year which was very nice. Tesco's Extra Special one is decent. If you really want to push the boat out try Waitrose, i think they make them to order.

BlueSniffer said:
My Auntie used to make it alothough it would usually be dry. They're miles cheaper (and easier to buy). Got a cheap on from Aldi last year which was very nice. Tesco's Extra Special one is decent. If you really want to push the boat out try Waitrose, i think they make them to order.

In a taste test this week the best pud turned out to be from Lidl! A lot of their Christmas food is top-notch, tbf; got loads of good stuff from there last year and will be paying a trip to chav central in the next couple of days.

In a taste test this week the best pud turned out to be from Lidl! A lot of their Christmas food is top-notch, tbf; got loads of good stuff from there last year and will be paying a trip to chav central in the next couple of days.[/quote]

The stuff they sell on the Christmas Markets in Albert square is the same stuff you get in Lidl or Aldi! Tend to but all my Italian/German meats etc from Aldi/Lidl (Chorizo, Pancetta etc) as it the same but half the price you would pay in the Supermarkets. Aldi mince pies are pretty darn good too.

Ah now, we always make it, and don't forget to make a wish when you're stirring it. Sure we only make it for one person, no one else likes it, but sure it wouldn't be Christmas without it I suppose.
..According to the mother.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.