Yan Couto | On loan at Girona

People call out Couto defensively, and then proceed to propose Frimpong as an alternative? The guy doesn't defend, like at all. Second column indicated his percentile versus full backs/ wing backs. He is brilliant offensively, mind you.
Tackles1.11
5​

Interceptions0.36
3​

Blocks1.01
33​

Clearances0.85
1​

Aerials Won0.39
8​

People call out Couto defensively, and then proceed to propose Frimpong as an alternative? The guy doesn't defend, like at all. Second column indicated his percentile versus full backs/ wing backs. He is brilliant offensively, mind you.
Tackles1.11
5​
Interceptions0.36
3​
Blocks1.01
33​
Clearances0.85
1​
Aerials Won0.39
8​
Both are poor defensively and would more than likely be terrible in the current system we are running.

Both are poor defensively and would more than likely be terrible in the current system we are running.
Very possible. Right now, we heavily rely on Kyle bailing us out versus top, quick, technical wingers like Vini or Mbappe. Whereas obviously, we can't get a like-for-like replacement, we should look primarily at quick defenders who can defend first and foremost, IMO.

Very possible. Right now, we heavily rely on Kyle bailing us out versus top, quick, technical wingers like Vini or Mbappe. Whereas obviously, we can't get a like-for-like replacement, we should look primarily at quick defenders who can defend first and foremost, IMO.
1 on 1 defending is the first criteria we probabaly look at in this system currently, bet we go for the profile RB/RCB (eg. Arnau/Diomande) or a well rounded FB (eg Fresneda/Livramento etc). very much doubt wing backs will be in the frame as it stands

Tackles1.11
5​
Interceptions0.36
3​
Blocks1.01
33​
Clearances0.85
1​
Aerials Won0.39
8​
His stats have a lot to do with the system he plays in, but I can`t deny Frimpong is quite poor defensively nonetheless. Unlike Couto though, Frimpong has that recovery pace to keep up with the likes of Mbappe, Vinicius etc. which is a great asset. Frimpong would look great in that wide attacking FB role Walker`s had recently, and his defending should only get better. RB market is very dry these days. Boey looked decent, but signed for Bayern, and neither Porro nor Livramento will be available in the summer I think, although those 2 would be my preferred choices. I liked the look of Elias Jelert from FC Copenhagen last night. Very quick and strong, kept up with Doku surprisingly well

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.