Yan Couto | On loan at Girona

Yan Couto started at rb for Braga an hour ago. With a win, Braga can move to 4th in the table. They're up 2-0 at HT.
This is a grown-azz-man, athletic league and Braga is going 4th and YC is the reg rb and he was born between Palmer and McAtee age-wise. Kinda weird he doesn't get more hype. He's obv got gifts, but just focusing on the negatives or question marks ...

- smol, listed as 5-6 at wiki, he ain't gettin' bigger
- he played 25 times for the BRA u17's but hasn't been called up since, odd that, covid impact? ... without knowing the BRA youth RB pecking order, or how this impacts his work permit potential
- his offensive reel is easy to showcase but there really isn't a detailed exhibition of his defensive quality - I regularly look to see if Braga's allowed goals are his fault tho and don't find much to blame him for, shrug
- not a speed burner ... not slow tho, and can run all day, bombs forward like Zaba until the final whistle

wonder how City's brass view him

Nice report, thanks.
I wonder what our plans are for both full back positions - we need both in the next 2 windows at the latest

We also have Issa Kaboré at Troyes. He’s a year older than Couto but physically more imposing and another right back who likes to drive forward.

Aguilar hasn’t featured much at all for Lommel.

Kabore has started most games for Troyes. Couto seems to be first choice for Braga in the league and in Europe. Seems to have been a great loan.

Maybe if we were looking to send any of the South American Portuguese speakers on future loans such as Metinho and Diego Rosa, Braga could be a great option.

Couto has done very well overall. His defense is still behind his ability getting forward and playing key passes / crosses.

I'd look to maybe send Kayky there or another Portuguese team to gain more experience next season.

How accurate is that transfermarket site.
We paid £5.4m for him and they value him at £3.6m now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.