Yan Couto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its unfair to judge one player that has played numerous games at a very high level to the other player that has barely played senior football.

On Youtube he looks fantastic and the reviews on him have all been very positive, but i need to see him play before judging him. I remember Keegan absolutely raving about Matias Vuoso when we signed him and he barely played for us and was sold not long after.

And we also signed Gabriel Jesus, who looked good on youtube.

If we are willing to play a cb who can't defend, head the ball, run, etc in a CL semi final, then imo we should have no problem giving a skilled, quick kid who was voted just about the best in the world at his age, who we have signed on the promise he will get an occasional chance with the first team, in a far less dangerous position.

Different positions for one...

two... have any of us ever seen him play besides Youtube?

Even Samaras looked a world beater on Youtube.

Watched him play in last years U17 World Cup along with Diego Rosa. That’s where our scouts found them before signing them.Originally he was held back after returning because of contract talks. After signing with us he was supposed to be loaned back and he got like a 15 minute sub appearance in the State Championships before Covid-19 hit. Great offensive skill set but he has to mature more on the defensive side. Should be able to get a work permit like Kelechi did for being a special talent after winning U17 World Cup.

He looks twice the player Garcia is & he played every week.
How many times have you watched Couto play 90 minutes?

Garcia at 19 has played minutes at the highest level in football, plays for one of the best teams in the world and is wanted by another elite side.

Despite the fact Garcia appears to want to leave us, he is an outstanding young talented player.

Garcia at 19 has played minutes at the highest level in football, plays for one of the best teams in the world and is wanted by another elite side.

Despite the fact Garcia appears to want to leave us, he is an outstanding young talented player.

Maybe Garcia has had a change of mind?!

Maybe Garcia has had a change of mind?!
I think the silence is more due to the Messi situation.
I would think he will be part of the deal, although personally hope he stays.
Physically in terms of size and lack of pace he worries me, but no doubting he has a lot of quality for a 19yr old.

I'vd seen enough of Garcia at younger levels, to judge that he had few outstanding attributes at any level other than being good at passing. Perhaps others have seen him play a game where he was the best cb on the pitch, but I never did.

This kid looks fast skillful, good in the tackle & superb at dribbling & generally a level better in his position, than Garcia.

So seeing as we are now willing to risk kids with perceived talent, in important games, there is no reason not to try this one, other than Puyol not being his agent.

And we also signed Gabriel Jesus, who looked good on youtube.

If we are willing to play a cb who can't defend, head the ball, run, etc in a CL semi final, then imo we should have no problem giving a skilled, quick kid who was voted just about the best in the world at his age, who we have signed on the promise he will get an occasional chance with the first team, in a far less dangerous position.
This is a mad take mate. The season before we bought Jesus, he had already won the copa de brazil, serie A and Olympic gold with Brazil. He'd played for u20's and nearly went to copa america at a really young age, heck he got his debut for the full team in 2016!

Garcia has been in and around the first team for the last 1.5 seasons, they have worked hard on him and you can tell. He's also played a lot of cup games and got a feel of it. Its a mad comparison, i'm sure Couto will go the same route as Garcia has and be eased in. Fuck, Cancelo didn't even manage to get straight into the first team for us so not sure why couto would fair any better..

This is a mad take mate. The season before we bought Jesus, he had already won the copa de brazil, serie A and Olympic gold with Brazil. He'd played for u20's and nearly went to copa america at a really young age, heck he got his debut for the full team in 2016!

Garcia has been in and around the first team for the last 1.5 seasons, they have worked hard on him and you can tell. He's also played a lot of cup games and got a feel of it. Its a mad comparison, i'm sure Couto will go the same route as Garcia has and be eased in. Fuck, Cancelo didn't even manage to get straight into the first team for us so not sure why couto would fair any better..
I am not suggesting he goes straight into our first team, only that he is given the opportunity to play some minutes.

I was replying to the nonsense youtube cliché that because Samaras etc looked ok, anyone else who looks good is therefore likely to be shit.

Not sure why Cancelo having to wait getting a game for City means Couto isn't allowed to play at some point ? Isn't he our left back currently ?

And seeing as Garcia, who currently lacks most of the basic elements in his game, of a Premier League defender, is considered 'safe' to use in a crucial position, I can't see any possible excuse, for a talented young player with pace & skill, who can play out wide, not being given a few minutes here and there. It's much less of a risk.

Unless he doesn't settle of course, which is fair enough.

But he was signed, as the best young player in the world in his position, by Pep personally persuading him to come & try out for our first team, rather than play elsewhere

So that means he should be training with a view to playing, not loaned out.

I am not suggesting he goes straight into our first team, only that he is given the opportunity to play some minutes.

I was replying to the nonsense youtube cliché that because Samaras etc looked ok, anyone else who looks good is therefore likely to be shit.

Not sure why Cancelo having to wait getting a game for City means Couto isn't allowed to play at some point ? Isn't he our left back currently ?

And seeing as Garcia, who currently lacks most of the basic elements in his game, of a Premier League defender, is considered 'safe' to use in a crucial position, I can't see any possible excuse, for a talented young player with pace & skill, who can play out wide, not being given a few minutes here and there. It's much less of a risk.

Unless he doesn't settle of course, which is fair enough.

But he was signed, as the best young player in the world in his position, by Pep personally persuading him to come & try out for our first team, rather than play elsewhere

So that means he should be training with a view to playing, not loaned out.
Ok sorry, i only saw the one post. But yes, i don't see why he wouldn't be getting some opportunities. It just really depends on where his development is, he's not played much first team football AFAIK so i'm sure Pep will look to slowly integrate him into the cup games (depending on how many we actually have this season!).

Cancelo has had to become the left back, but he 100% wasn't bought for that position.

What basic elements of the game does Garcia lack? Reads the game well, decision making is spot on for a young kid, plays the ball and is confident in possession. Maybe he lacks some physical attributes that people think are mandatory for the Premier League, but i think he did pretty well last season when called upon and would surely grow. I understand the comparison you're making in age and attributes but one player is far ahead of the other in development. But yeah, its very possible Couto could go down the same path and be in the 11 at some, especially considering Walker is in his 30s now and Cancelo didn't make the RB spot his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.