Yan Couto

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a bit of a strange comment because I'm sure we promise quite a few players a first team spot. Players look for those assurances of their place as part of their negotiations.

This guy is on record as saying that he turned us down initially because he didn't fancy joining only to be loaned out and claims he had offers from other big clubs which included a first team spot.
Just agent and PR talk, I'd be surprised if the lad is that daft he doesn't know he wouldn't be guaranteed any starting spot let alone in a side that has two right backs of which one was bought in just a year ago. Not a fan of sending players Girona, but seems it's a club policy to loan players to one of CFG clubs rather than elsewhere. Be interesting what comes of this, if he is really as good as some say it will show.

I do love a fan that rates a 'kid' they've seen on YouTube higher than a Portuguese international who has played for Valencia, Juventus...
Tell you why, it's twitter influence. They've seen United, Chelsea, Arsenal start to field youth because those clubs are in a constant state of rebuilding and need to fill gaps. Some of them, as evident, likes of Saka, Reece James, Mason Mount, Greenwood have worked out and looked bright. So begins the trend of, you know how footy twitter is, our club youth1!1! And it's got the younger fans following City desperate to have that at our club as well. Hence why you will also see hype over Jayden Braaf when all we've known of him is from a 2 minute clip and some photos, that's it.

He could’ve started in front of Cancelo for me.

Really? An 18 year old with limited experience is going to start over a 60million pound full international?

Even you think he could, Guardiola’s track record at City shows that is very unlikely to happen

Just agent and PR talk, I'd be surprised if the lad is that daft he doesn't know he wouldn't be guaranteed any starting spot let alone in a side that has two right backs of which one was bought in just a year ago.

It's not agent talk at all. He said it himself.

He said he knew it would be difficult to get his chance but made it clear that he didn't want to join a club simply to be loaned out.

Either he changed his mind, we lied to him or this rumour is bullshit.

I did tell you he would be going out on loan.

His complete lack of minutes at senior level was the biggest indicator for me.

To throw a young lad in after no experience whatsoever at a good level would be criminal.

Gabriel Jesus had won a league title with Palmeiras and represented his country before he kicked a ball for City. Yan Couto was NEVER going to be considered for the first team, not this season anyway.

Hope he does well at Girona and i hope he does turn out a gem. Maybe next season, or the season after that.

And Pep did tell him he would be given a chance if he signed for City, so he should be.

Maybe we sat down with him and went through the options. One of which was regular football in a competitive European league for a team who play in a similar style to us. A pathway to the first team mapped out.

What's your point?

He turned down big clubs to join us. Now we've supposedly made the decision to throw another bone Girona's way.

Because that idea's been such a success so far...
My point is , he is a young kid with great potential, but, he was never going to any club in any decent league from the off.

He is a long term project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.