Yan Couto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? An 18 year old with limited experience is going to start over a 60million pound full international?

Even you think he could, Guardiola’s track record at City shows that is very unlikely to happen
Oh I agree unlikely to happen just saying I personally would’ve liked to see the kid given a chance. Cancelo May have cost £60 mill or whatever figure, however he has looked anything but top quality. I know people will say he looked good against Norwich but they were already relegated. He was at fault for goals in the CL at left back as well so I’m not having it that he looked good against Lyon and Madrid, he did okay. Just think this lad maybe deserves a chance. Got time to send him out on loan after seeing him get a few minutes for us

I suppose Pep and the team have had a chance to look closer at him now, but i'm disappointed. Was led to believe he is not far off our first team and an excellent prospect, yes a bit of a wildcard but that isn't always a bad thing. We need pace and ability to dirve forward and Couto seemed to possess both.

Why? Plenty of decent clubs in decent leagues give kids a chance to join their first team squad. We're just arguably the worst at it.
I would agree to an extent,but I think Couto is very early in his development and it's far too early for him yet.

But there is another of layer of young players, in the ages 20/23 that I think we should be looking at far more

Hopefully the signing of Torres is an indication of a change of thinking, there must be some good young CB, CM and strikers out there at a good age.

If a bang average player like Brandon Barker can play regularly for United and visibly improve, why do all of ours need to be ‘integrated’?

I suppose the argument is that our stated aim is to win everything and United are shite......

I suppose Pep and the team have had a chance to look closer at him now, but i'm disappointed. Was led to believe he is not far off our first team and an excellent prospect, yes a bit of a wildcard but that isn't always a bad thing. We need pace and ability to dirve forward and Couto seemed to possess both.
If this is true then he should have been giving a chance. Plenty of fixtures coming up.

If a bang average player like Brandon Barker can play regularly for United and visibly improve, why do all of ours need to be ‘integrated’?

I suppose the argument is that our stated aim is to win everything and United are shite......
Admittedly I've woken up feeling mighty peculiar but Brandon Barker plays for Rangers.

Edit: You mean Williams perhaps?

He’s 18. He’s Brazilian. He does not qualify for a a work permit for City on any grounds at present.

He has to play 1st team football somewhere to try and get some Brazil caps. Girona lost Maffeo to Huesca (on loan from Stuttgart). Girona are probably the best loan option in CFG terms for him. They’ll push for promotion again. In 12 months we’ll know more. He may be a Douglas Luiz. He may be a Marlos Moreno. He may actually have a future at City via another loan outside the CFG but the bottom line is the work permit regs as they currently are discriminate against non-eligible young talent going to big English clubs & from 1 Jan 2021 that’ll include players from all of the EU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.