Yan Couto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured as much earlier in the thread he was in for a let down. It made no sense really to keep him in the first team and not loan him out, given the players we have.

What we have to hope for is that Couto has maybe jumped to conclusions as opposed to directly being promised a first team spot. Otherwise it does reflect poorly on whoever told him he would be in the first team.

Let's be honest, this was always going to happen. Every video we've seen of this kid was at youth level. Sure, he's looked impressive, but he's played two games for newly promoted Cortiba in the state league and none in the actual league. The idea that a player goes from that to being a squad player for one of the best teams in Europe is fanciful. I can't believe the player or his agent would think that would happen.

For contrast, when we bought Gabriel Jesus at the age of 19, he'd already completed two full seasons in the top flight, had played 46 games in the previous season (scoring 21) and was a regular starter for Brazil.

i feel like this is being blown out of proportion to be honest, he was never going to play in the first team consistently this season

Odd that the club have tweeted about Muric and Moreno, but not Couto?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.