Yaya at centre half?

brummie blue

Good win this evening only marred by vinnies injury. We of course don't know how serious yet but with nasty out as well we're short at CB.

Anyone remember Yaya at CB at Barca and would it be an option now?

With Fernandinho playing a similar roll and Barry and Milner able to play centre midfield would Yaya be a better option than Garcia ?

I think he could, doesn't seem to be anything he can't do.

Wouldn't want to lose his creativity from midfield, though. I hope City go out this week and sign a CB.

no way we need to wasting Yaya on CB. Matija will fit for the next game as he already trained for several days. Matija, Lescott, Garcia (also Boyata) is enough for cover for the next 2 game (Cardiff & Hull). btw, i would like City to sign another experience & born leader CB - Adil Rami or Pepe, before the transfer window is close.

No,he's not a good defender imo.

Shite in the air,lacks agility and a bit of a fairy.

He should stay forward,where he does his thing best.

I reckon Rodwell would be very good in our defence. Pacey, strong on and off the ball, tenacious, good in the air. Played in defence a lot at Everton and many thought (may still think) that his future lies at the heart of our defence alongside Nasty. Far more agile and faster than Garcia so would probably suit this high line we're playing better.

No. I'd much rather have him further up the pitch as he regularly scores important goals for us from midfield. Fernandinho will allow him to do this even more.

Yaya is the last man I'd want at CB, not because he's bad at it, but because he's so crucial in the centre of midfield. Yaya and Fernandinho should not be tampered with, they need to start every game together where possible. Sucks for Rodwell 'cos I wanted him to get plenty of opportunities this season, but surely this midfield stays how it is unless forced to change.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.