Yaya-Keep or Sell?

Wouldn't surprise me if he went out on loan for the last year of his contract, with us subsidising his wages.

Agree but finding someone to pay him even £6m a year - half his wage is gonna be tough. Outside of England - if he's rejected China - it's near impossible.

It's hard to see a role for him in midfield, but you never know. I've not really heard his name mentioned as one we're actively trying to get rid of. It's not implausible that he could end up being Clichy's understudy if we don't sign another left back and Zinchenko goes out on loan.

I think in any other circumstances or under a different manager, then it probably would be implausible.

There were will be one or two things like this that just knock you sideways under Pep. Things you never thought realistic actually happen.

It's hard to see a role for him in midfield, but you never know. I've not really heard his name mentioned as one we're actively trying to get rid of. It's not implausible that he could end up being Clichy's understudy if we don't sign another left back and Zinchenko goes out on loan.

I think there is no reason Yaya cannot play the 'Alonso' role at City. In fact with his passing it could be argued he would be the most suitable player for that role.

It is probably true his strength, power and fitness are on the wane but as pretty much every player looked unfit last season, and our running stats were at the bottom with Aston Villa, if he was to stay he possibly could look a lot fitter next seasonn.

I think there is no reason Yaya cannot play the 'Alonso' role at City. In fact with his passing it could be argued he would be the most suitable player for that role.

It is probably true his strength, power and fitness are on the wane but as pretty much every player looked unfit last season, and our running stats were at the bottom with Aston Villa, if he was to stay he possibly could look a lot fitter next seasonn.

Alonso still has that required hunger and dedication, something I think Yaya (if he ever really had it to the same extent as Alonso) lost it a couple of seasons ago. His ego dented his quality.
If his mindset is on track, the diminished physical aspects won't be too much of an issue.
And Alonso does a shitload of hard, dirty and undesirable defensive work, supporting his center backs AND fellow midfielders.
Does Yaya has that in him?
I think not.

I very much doubt Yaya will ever again play 90 minutes of high intensity football, and I suspect that is what Pep will demand from each and every player.

I personally hope the big man moves on, allows for us to introduce a younger player in his place, AND I have this feeling it would benefit Nasri if Yaya left. Just a hunch.

Alonso still has that required hunger and dedication, something I think Yaya (if he ever really had it to the same extent as Alonso) lost it a couple of seasons ago. His ego dented his quality.
If his mindset is on track, the diminished physical aspects won't be too much of an issue.
And Alonso does a shitload of hard, dirty and undesirable defensive work, supporting his center backs AND fellow midfielders.
Does Yaya has that in him?
I think not.

I very much doubt Yaya will ever again play 90 minutes of high intensity football, and I suspect that is what Pep will demand from each and every player.

I personally hope the big man moves on, allows for us to introduce a younger player in his place, AND I have this feeling it would benefit Nasri if Yaya left. Just a hunch.

I think thats the crux of the issue the intensity of his work. No doubt that has dropped and I think this gives the impression of laziness as he seems no longer able to get from box to box at any decent pace, leaving us exposed.

Thats why playing the 'Alonso role' would suit him better and place less pressure on the intensity of the work.

I also think we have to remember he has been an ever present over so many years. He is rarely ever injured and I doubt any player of the 2012 core Kompany, Silva, Aguero, Nasri, Clichy, Zabba has been injured less or played as many matches and the distance he runs per game exceed Fernandinhos.

Im ambivalent to whether he leaves or not due to the pantomine with his agent. But the likelihood is we will find it difficult to get rid of him on his current wages and so its going to be a case of finding the best way to utilise him.

Two years ago after his " platinum " season I was one of those that advocated, especially with PSG sniffing around, he should be sold for a good fee and to lighten our wage bill on the balance sheet. The rest is history and very sadly he is now a shadow of his former dominance.
If he can fit into Peps system this season then all well and good but the thing that worries me ( apart from that madman of an agent ) is the effect he will have on the dressing room should the toys come out of the pram again. He has a big personality and it would have be channelled in the right direction.

All I know (from what I've been told) is that City have 3/4 targets for every position they want to strengthen. The primary targets for centre mid are Kroos or Thiago. No idea who they turn to after that if neither of those are attainable. Maybe they stick with Toure for another season. I only get told snippets.
just wondering if we are looking at Isco in case Kroos doesn't happen. I don't know but i doubt if Bayern would want to hand us one of their better players for a fee. If we can get Isco to believe we'd make him our star man should he come, don't you think he'd be inclined to push for a move as Real don't appear to have him in the center of their plans. Letting him know that staying in Madrid would limit his chances of making the Spanish squad next world cup given the competition for spaces in that team. I'm just thinking out loud you know.

City are way too kind to players who dig their feet in when we want them to leave IMO, its why we have such difficulty selling anyone, they know that if they play hardball city wont put them in the reserves or just never play them or anything like that. So they can just refuse to go on anything but ridiculously profitable deals for them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.