Yaya to cover as a Central defender?

dickie davies

From flat earth & I'm a c*nt (says @ LongsightM13)
To use an American phrase, what about this as an "out of left field" idea!

Otamendi is a booking away from a ban
Kompany is no where near ready and we can't trust Mangala

Rather than Danilo at centre back, or Danilo at right back then move Walker to centre back, what about Yaya playing as a centre half?

Absolutely not. He has no pace anymore, the turning circle of a tank and isn't good at all defending 1v1. I'm assuming you're saying it because he's comfortable on the ball, we've got Stones for that, his partner needs to be the stronger defender. I didn't realise he was 1 booking away from a suspension but with that in mind we should be informing him to produce a tactical foul at the end of a game to get it out of the way before the big December games. Huddersfield away so he misses the Southampton home game would be ideal but i'm not sure we can trust him to last that long without getting a booking. If he can escape the Arsenal game without a booking we should be fine.

Yaya is far too immobile to play centre half. He has the turning circle of a super-tanker and his heading ability for a 'big lad' is non-existent. So for me it's a no... sorry I'm oot.

Played at centre back for Guardiola at Barca and dealt with peak Drogba no problem, it's a yes from me.

I'd rather play Danilo, Walker, Delph, Fernandinho, Gundogan, Jesus or Ederson at Centre Back than Yaya

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.