Yaya Toure - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't believe he was hooked while we needed a goal. Should've hooked clichy (who shouldn't even start) and moved dinho at LB, with Yaya playing his pivot role, allowing silva to slot into CAM.

Thought he was poor tonight and looked off the pace. Against such a defensive set up we needed a faster build up and between him, Sagna and Ferna it was all too slow.

I think we lost a bit of shape and quality from our general play when he went off. I'd have taken Fernandinho off

He was playing at the top of the diamond/midfield.

Tactically one of 3 things Pep got wrong tonight.

Fernandinho should have been at the top of it with Yaya at the base, and De Bruyne should have been on the right in place of Navas.

Could have used a number of others centrally in said scenario

Yaya has been great this season, but clearly struggles playing twice a week, as would any centre midfielder his age at the top level.

Don't think it's 2 games a week that got him.

I just think he's better at the bottom of the midfield, not at the top. Both him and Dihno were poor last night because they were swapped around.

He didn't just change personnel last night, he altered the system a bit and it just didn't work.

Don't think it's 2 games a week that got him.

I just think he's better at the bottom of the midfield, not at the top. Both him and Dihno were poor last night because they were swapped around.

He didn't just change personnel last night, he altered the system a bit and it just didn't work.

Agree with this, Yaya couldn't shake Allen to find space and Fernandinho couldn't find anyone between the lines with his passing from deep, thought it was a no brainer to swap them but it never happened.

Fell into bad old habits a bit the last couple of games where he lets the low tempo of the opposition be an excuse to play at a low tempo himself. We need to play at a much, much quicker tempo than we have the last couple of games and Yaya is probably the biggest culprit. He will play as slow as you let him, so Pep has to stay on his case to keep up the much better form from earlier in the year. He had a point to prove when he came back into the team but I do worry that he's getting comfortable again and that does him no favours

He is quite comfortable playing in the deep lying role. Last night showed he is far from the complete box to box midfielder he used to be. The issue with him occupying the deep role is that against the top teams he struggles with the defensive side.
For us to continue to improve it is time for a change. As Sekuk says he can play at the top level for another 4 or 5 years so it will be easy enough for him to pick up a lucrative long contract at a champions league team. Just not with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.